whiteknight

info on purple spotted gudgeons

hey guys just after some info on these guys i have found there ph is ok between 6-7.5 , i'm also curious as to if i would be able to put these guys in my african display tank they are 10cm and my africans are 12-15cm but my african tank is at 7.8ph any info or help with these would be great

cheers Terry

Hi Terry

I had a one in with my fish a while back

There a slow moving fish and get on ok with the fish I had in the tank

The guy I had liked pellets and blood worm and any fry he could catch

I would just put in a pice of pvc for him to hide in

But I think they would be ok with yellows and that but just watch him with the more aggresive ones

Roo

have tried them with africans but they didnt go real well seamed like they were just a target for the others to pick on till they eventually died. you could mabye try the less aggresive species. water shouldnt be a problem acidic or alkline caught fish in a settlement pond from a limestone mine and also juviniles in barely 2inches of water with that shitty brown algae stuff the only other fish i caught in there were gambusia so thier pretty hardy. just watch them they like to jump and only need a small gap especially if theres some water movement around it. otherwise nice fish and ive heard thier not to hard to breed in aquariums.

cheers

mick