028NVD

well, i'm officially over it

so was sittin lookin at my tank last night, and everytime i look at it i just think, "meh, whatevs" i'm over lookin at it and only seeing the cons about the tank, and how much i'd love to do a reef tank but just can't afford it right now. so very soon my complete setup will be for sale as the more i look at it the more i want to push it out the window! been quite into fish for a few years now and it's an odd feeling not having interest in it when i could sit for hours and watch them. oh well, onto other things.....

Although its a shame I think sometimes when your feeling like that its a good idea to pack it all up and take a break. One day you'll see someones tank and fish and your interest will spark up again :)

it's a 3x2x2, i'd like to go reef but as i said it's out of my budget at the moment, went from cichlids to guppys etc and now just don't like the tank, would love bigger but wife says no, lol

yeah or instead of keeping industry standard fish keep something awesome, for example i've decided to stock my larger tank with just freshwater dolphins =D

or setup a seahorse tank, saltwater without costing a fortune and they are awesome to watch - just can't really keep anything with them except some peppermint shrimp or something like that.

I reckon you need new fish and even more importantly...a re-scape.....I find when its all boring and sux...I make a new aquascape that looks great and then the love comes back....I reckon its one of the extra attractions people dont mention much...its not always the fish...its the scene the fish lives in that can get boring...get into some bio types...or some aquascaping with plants etc...change your fish type and fall in love with something new and before you know it..your interested again...change = interest in something new....and even your fish mught be as bored as you so not impressing ya :) good luck mate...and 3x2x2 is decent mate...you can do something with that..from the rivers of south america to the lakes in africa to the billabongs here at home....you can do alot in that tank :)

Now there's your problem

FJ

Lack of freedom to expand as fishkeeper :) ha ha...you can always "buy" her into the concept...a couple of pretty fishees she might like(guppies...use their offspring for feeders) in exchange for you getting a 3 tier 6x2 set up...its only one stand...it wont take up much room :)

To say she hates fish is an understatement, lol. I recently bought her an aquaone panoramic 30 and stocked it with guppies and neons, shes not impressed. I like the idea of a bullrout, but they're kinda boring also, hard to come by and handle. I may strip it down this weekend and clean it out and see how i feel then. Who knows, may even end up with an axolotl, lmao