Wolfgang

I.D. on Species

Hi guys for years now every year wen pond cleaning time comes i harvest thes unusual worms thy don't interfer with ohter life stock also found thy make good fish food thy are up to 10cm long no thicker than a thouth pick have a sweling at one end also nice clean color just can't find anything about them, there not bloodworm, tubafex, earthworms or leaches, live in water only ANY IDDER'S anyone ??? :)

th_P1160104.jpg

clik on photo

Edited by Wolfgang
mist somthing

Hi Wolfgang,

I'd send a couple of specimens off to the Museum or even the Zoology/Veterinary department of a University, with some background information and a polite request for an identification. Shouldn't take too long.

Cheers,

Nige

thy feed on alge mosses and waste so i noticed

If they are feeding then they are not earth worms. Earthworms tend to move around when it rains and that response means they get lost and end up in ponds, until they starve as they cannot feed underwater.

Most of the worms you find that live in ponds are briste worms or smaller roundworm types.

If they are feeding - I think the only way to know is professional ID, or just feed them to your goldies!

they are good fish food just wondering if i can breed in large scale thats why the id. my study shows they die out of water live in the roots of waterlilis and in the muck on the botom of pond ball up wen disdurpt over active in movement, have googled can't find :(

yea ya see them in the roots of plants in hydro and aquaponics setups.

if the pisces facebook group is not ya style

why not quiz backyardaquaponics.com

I mean a quick search just then yielded

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2045&hilit=worm+aquatic+worm+

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=206&hilit=worm+aquatic+worm+

Edited by DeadFishFloating