Rastinger62

Fish I.D please

9-10cm is huge mate!!!

yeah he's a decent size. I thought they grew about the 13cm mark as max size. I never actually seen a post with that size

Are they harder to get than other fish or more on the too aggressive side in a community tank? I've never actually had one in a community tank before. I scooped on the colony as I've rarely see them for sale and I love the colours through the male. I will be keeping some fry when she spits soon for a community tank in the future

looks like haplochromis obliquadens to me ,i just sold 2 x 30 strong colonies they breed like rabbits. i dont think they are nyeri ,that is what i was told when i bought mine but once they grew ,and some research i decided they not what i was told they where.

Edited by PETFISH

Its more than likely a Pundamilia nyererei. As most would know them as flamebacks. Not a Xmas Fulu (Cichlid Profiles) nore a crimson tide (Haplochromis obliquidens). Im not 100% sure its nyererei as I dont know the fishs background. There is a good chance it came from my bloodline or is closely related too.

Males will get upto 15cm+ in the aquarium, gosh my last male was this size in a 2foot tank with 5 girls. If your interested Rastinger pm where you got the fish from and I can look into it further. :)