Got a bit of a bba problem in the ranchu playground.. So I took a sponge out and was soaking it in a bleach solution to see if that would kill the algae, when all of a sudden a 2mm or so fry swims to the surface and says hello :) not sure how or when it happened? But somebody has been getting some loving!!

Currently have the fry in a 20lt bucket with an airstone.

Not really sure Lachie? I assume they would.. Would be better to have some kind of filter or air breaking the surface though unless it's a massive well established pond with lots of plants? I'm definately no expert on that though :) I just run airline out of my shed to the pond and have bio sponges in there.

They are about 5mm long.. I think they are from that white ranchu and one of your large orange ranchu? The one with no white on his wen.. That's only a calculated guess though as I moved a few fish around at that time.. They kinda look like the pics of ranchu fry I have seen on the net.

:( sadly poor buggers both gone now:( was hoping they would end up being awesome fish with a cool story.. But I don't think the bleach was real good for them:(

hey mate..how about some replacements...I could give you 5 little guys (REAL LITTLE!!) and you grow them out..magic!..practice all the skills with out the bleach :) not to mention they are from the SUPER ryukin batch...first of hopefully many spawns...

Haha that sounds great! I am kinda lost in the shed right now.. Have more empty tanks than I have had in years! Raising some babies without the bleach start sounds-

A fun,

B like a way better option

C Hang on, how do I get white ranchu then?

yeah mate...these guys have "P"otential..with a capital P ;)....so if you want a little group mate..it will help you get the "grooming" eye in..and plus when in a smaller group..much easier to raise...and if that white ranchu you have is a girl...I have a nice white male whith a little orange patch on his wen...we could cross the 2 and with the white being dominant could end up with some awesome offspring...split the fry and raise them up..bound to get something decent out of these guys too....

SAM_4981.jpg