fish4fish3

What to do when your filter fails...

Install the Claritec 15000UV to the tank!

Well my Resun 2800ltr filter over heated, the shaft that the impellor sits in buckled and seazed it. And since I don't have $500 for an FX5 and the time for a new filter to stabilise I took the Claritec from the garage and plumbed it up with a 6500 ltr pump using 25mm PVC. I will be replacing the pump for a smaller 4500ltr 40W pump to save on bills.

i crafted a spray bar from 20mm PVC that goes the full length of the tank and angled the holes so that it creates a turn n swirl motion so it pushes the water down & across the tank, hits the far corner wall then around and back via a channel in the back of the tank to the pump inlet. The spray bar works so efficiently that it cleared everything up in less than half an hour. And since I have enough surface break forcing oxygen I removed the air pump.

any way here's the exciting part... the pics

smallsignature9690.jpg

small9682.jpg

small9684.jpg

small9685.jpg

You can use some pumps inline. Amphibious pump. The aqua Nova has a range of ECO pond pumps with 35W for 4000ltr... They don't have a high pressure to them i.e they have far lower head hieght.

I prefered to have it inside the tank as I could easily stack the rocks around and on it very easily, while leaving plenty of gaps for the water to flow towards the pump.

secondly I wasn't prepared to build a good enough cage for a pipe guard.

Hangonaminit....

Was this new filter allready in use or just sitting dry not in use?

Theres potential for disaster if it's not seeded or from a running cycled system.

Edited by ash

I know DFF, But I have a problem with buying fish and no where to put them. I end up selling them for cost price or less than I purchased. Please don't judge me it's an addiction.

Will be removing half of the fish (inc. the convicts) cause I bought a nic parrot and another Aurutus. Still working out what display fish I really want. On the up side the leptosoma are still constantly breeding and holding full term. The last one I stripped gave me 17! And I'm not messing around here, i was as supprised as much as every one won't believe me.

And yes the filter was in use and cycled with the same water parameters and temp so just plug n play.