CrayonBox

Thoughts on New technology - Where do we go from here

Hey guys, i was just having a discusiion with my work college about the company in america that is going to try and mine asteroids. And i was thinking it should be about time for another technology boom.

The last major invention was the computer, and although the computer keeps advancing its rate of progression has slowed considerably meaning that within the next 5-10 years we should see another major advancement.

So what are your thoughts on this? whats next?

I reckon holograms is the next logical step for the computer

well thats true, which why i'd also say the computer is slowing down in advancements. What is really interetsing to think about is whats next? whats new? If you think about it when the computer first hit homes in 1981 it was a huge leap forward and over the next 5-10 years the computer came with rapid advancments. But since then there really hasnt been anything new. I mean sure we've advanced the computer but where to next? whats going to be the next invention that starts a whole new era, whats going to see the same kind of hype and advancement the computer has seen? They say that what we see in the movies is roughly 10 years off.

Thats just a webpage, i'm talking new hardware something that everyone is going to have in the next 20 years. Look at the computer IBM released there first home computer in 1981 by the mid 90's 95% of the population in western countries had computers

Yeh that is definetly a real possibilty, that really plays into the idea of what we see in movies is what we get. Similar ideas of that smart glass was in avatar, avengers 2. Definetly going to be a thing to watch. Something that might interet you blade is microsoft surface 2.0

whats definetly true is that the next 10-20 years should be very interesting with the ideas that are being thrown around, another interesting one is the idea of Biometric Chips, making the human body part of the processor

Hologram:

- HAS SWEARING*

But yeah what about tablet PCs? they have loads of potential

Depends if you mean technology for your own personal use or things that affect the whole population such as new energy solutions

i think the next thing we should be looking at is reducing or discontinuing our use of fossil fuels thats really the only tech i think the human race needs.

Edited by itank

oh I dunno

some new ways to kill people would be nice

the cutting, stabbing, bashing, frying, blasting, gassing, shooting, zapping, roasting, mashing, mincing, crushing, diseasing and freezing methods are all getting a bit stale.

Surely theres some way we could shrink parts of people, or maybe teleport them into blackholes or something