sarah1234

Is rehoming for the best? Your opinions please

Since reducing my fishy collection dramatically, I've found I've become less and less interested in doing general maintenance on my last fish-only tank. This houses my male EBJD who most of you are aware of.

My problem is I feel that I'm not giving him the best home possible at the moment, I just have very little motivation. However I have had this fish for 5+ years, and cherish him greatly. But again, I don't think he has the best home with me at this time.

In your opinion, would it be better to rehome him? I know I would miss him but I'm thinking if he went to a peaceful and caring home (of someone I know and trust) it would be better than him living how he is now. I mean, he is doing fine, but is not being cared for in the pristine nature I used to.

Your opinions and experiences?

i think it would be a very hard decison either way, but yes i would rehome him. If i loved him and had him that long i would want the best for him at all times and if i couldnt give it top him and someone else could i would do it. I find it hard to part with any of my fish no matter the time ive had them. (the wife says i care for them more than i do her lol).

thats a hard one sarah, i guess if you know he will go to a good home it would be easier, but saying that, once he has been rehomed anything can happen, they might sell him, or get out of fish, my biggest concern on both sides would be what happens and how would both parties feel if he had something happen to him and passed away,

normally these things don't bother me, but it is something to think about as he is special to you,

we just gave our last couple snakes away, 1 was a long time family pet, but i felt the same, she wasn't getting the best care, i know that she is now getting the care she deserves and i'm happy, and we have the added bonus that we can visit her anytime, but saying that, we made no agreements about how long they keep her, so while i'd be sad if they did sell her, i would understand and be ok with it,

good luck with what you decide,