samo

Starting my 4x2x2 Sump and filtration advice

Hey guys well I've decided to start preparing for when I get my new tank. Looking at hopefully a 4x2x2. I ran the math on the filtration and I need something like 3400l/h for it to be optimal. So I need advice on whether to just buy another canister and run a 1400 and a 2200 or use a sump.

I've had no experience with sumps at all so I don't have any idea on how they work or how to install them. Any Advice is good advice at this point :)

Fire away guys,

Sam

Hey mate my best advice is to scroll through all the pages on the diy section.

Some good ideas in there.

Every setup is different i spose. Tank size, stocking and the like.

For a 4 x 2 x 2 what are your plans with it.

If your totally set on a sump by all means.

If it was me i would find a sweet second hand or new FX5 and plug it in and your done.

You will find many pics of sumps and setups that you can get ideas from.

=)

Display Tank inside? Cannister it, they are just so easy from the get go. Pack it full, turn it on bam your away.

If you wanna seriously overstock a display or have multiple tanks, sumps are a bit more work to sort & make sure they are super sweet, be repay you in larger media capacity & easy maintenance.

Yeah that is what i would do.

I have my 6 x 2 x 2 with my Giant Gourami and others running off 1 FX5 with no probs.

Once i have finished with my other on in the fish room i may just put it on for some water movement / filtration.

Craigo made some good points there too.

Redlands would be your cheapest for a FX5 just under $400, dont quote me on that but give them a call.

=)

Yeah African display inside. Thinking of maybe 5 yellows, 5 ice berg e. blues, 5 acei, a white and a black calves, 4 red zebs, 4 cobalts a peacock or two and then some catties. The only reason I'm chasing a bigger tank is to get some bigger schools

Of fish going. Would a stock of that number be a bit much for a 4x2x2?

I found a 2200l/h canister on eBay for $100 with uv. Would I be able to get the same effect as a fluval with two of these puppies?

Also what am I looking at as a stock limit for a 4x2x2

Edited by samo