steve6610

what to do........

i'm really enjoying all my bn at the moment.......... so i'm thinking it might be time to sell most of my other fish and just concentrate on building up my bn,

at the moment i have plenty of breeders or fry growing, the only ones i'm really short on are lf marbles, and i'd like to add some blacked eyed 144 in lf and sf later,

i also have 7 x 202 and 3 x 066, i'm thinking i might sell these also,

i would be selling most of my geos, riv pair, 5 x sgt, rainbow pair,

would keep my sgjds, hump heads and princess, plus our display fish,

any thoughts, am i mad, lol, or is it better to work on 1 type of fish so i can keep everything the same,

all comments are welcome, ........... well most will be............

Gday Steve,

We all at one point decide to clear out most mixed stock and focus on a smaller amount of species of fish and I usually do this once every few years as I get carried away with the amount of fish I love and what I am passionate about. So go for it mate however why sell the L's? if you want to stick to a particular species then go for it however L's and B/Ns go well together IMO.

Good luck with your choices mate and keep us posted

Cheers

John

I personally think part of the enjoyment of this hobby is having the option of changing direction and trying different paths.

On another note, I'd be interested in your Geos if you do decide to make a change :)

All the best with whichever way you decide to go mate.

thanks for the replys,

johno i do see your point about the L's, and the 202s should be close to breeding, the 066s need more time put into them to get some size on them,

ozmo will send you a pm,

after talking and thinking about it i'm still not 100% sure, but we are leaning towards selling a few types off,

I say go for it.You have to go with your heart as these fish will be the ones you put most of your time and effort into anyway.So the other fish tend to become a bit of a chore.And they tend to get neglected to a degree.I am also into catties atm.I keep whiptails with my bns and they breed away peacefully in the same tank.But it is heavally planted.The whiptails lay on the glass and the bns in the logs.