I thought no fancy fins meant it was a girl?

The original tail type of the betta was the plakat. The long fin gene popped up and that was the veil tail, veil tails were breed or better spread and these became, deltas, super deltas and finally half moons. The half moons were then crossed with Plakats to get the HMPK. The make and females have completly different body shapes.

Where was he from Sarah? I have got a couple of real nice half moons from RPC for $24.95 :D

The original tail type of the betta was the plakat. The long fin gene popped up and that was the veil tail, veil tails were breed or better spread and these became, deltas, super deltas and finally half moons. The half moons were then crossed with Plakats to get the HMPK. The make and females have completly different body shapes.

Where was he from Sarah? I have got a couple of real nice half moons from RPC for $24.95 :D

Got him from City Farmers of all places! I couldn't believe the price! For $9.95 he is pretty speccy :). I asked them if he was the right price and they told me he was supposed to be ordered in as a longfin, so they dropped the price. I wasn't complaining :D

that is bargain prices any more nice ones there? hes a beauty!

All the other nice ones (halfmoons/dragons etc) were around $20-30. They priced him as they did because apparently he was supposed to be a long fin. I wasn't complaining! No harm going in to look though :). It was City Farmers at Beenleigh.