mthom211

Matt's 25cm cube iwagumi

I set this tank up a few months ago, did a dry start with glosso but I added my frog for a few weeks as a temp home because dad broke his other one and he squashed it all and it melted. I let the tank sit empty but still set up. Filled it up a month or so ago, I had blyxa in there but decided to try syngonanthus sp. belem. It looks a lot better, fingers crossed it will thrive. I also bought some HC but it was absolutely infested with gibba, no way it was going within 10 feet of my tanks. I am not very happy about that, I guess I will tie some of the mini pelia to some slate and use that, it should look good. Will get updated pictures tomorrow. This is just the hard scape. Any thoughts? Would glosso look better than mini pelia?

IMG_6380.jpg

Oops, forgot the specs, twin 24w T5HO, I'm using it for 2 tanks, will have a LED floodlight as soon as I wire it up. 6.2 liter CO2 cylinder, will be dosing EI and using a bazooka atomizer. Substrate is ADA Amazonia I and the hard scape is honey comb rock from Fishchicks.

Live stock is my salamander HM and my 5 snails.

IMG_7314.jpg

IMG_7307.jpg

IMG_7439.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

Thanks Sarah, I was also thinking of putting fissidens in the holes like Alan did in his tank, it looks quite good. Also thinking of using downoi or ranunculus for the mid ground.

The more moss the better IMO. Let us know when your pellia gets there :)

It has arrived! We have a new postman, he is to lazy to come to the door, the last few packages have been left in the sun ontop of the fence... The old one we had was really nice and new I always had critters or plants in them, we used to have a bit of a chat and we found the best spot for her to leave them.... Luckily it hasn't been to hot though! The pelia arrived great, havent put it all in the tank yet, I have an assignment u should Finnish first. There was a leach and it got me!! Thanks for grabbing me some Sarah, it looks fantastic! Will grab a picture tonight, the tank is still cloudy :(

Will be watching your tank to see how you go :). Aus Post is terrible, had huge problems with them all the time. Also cool fighter.

Thanks, I have actually had no problems with them recently besides a heater that was cracked, not their fault though, it wasn't wrapped in bubble wrap or anything. I also now send everything in the boxes they sell, they just put an express sticker on it and your right to go :D much harder to damage them...

I didn't end up putting it in the foreground, I want something that's a lighter green, I poked it into the holes in the honey comb rock. I left the clay on the pieces I stuck into the rocks so they had something to grow on. Also found some mini fissidens mixed in that I added? Just about to take pictures in a sec :).

It was! There's 2 kinds of pelia, mini fissidens and leaches haha, leaches are cool, there was a site that used to sell them to hobbyists.

Here we go, sorry for the poor quality, the tank was very cloudy!

FTS

IMG_8078.jpg

Mini pelia, another smaller pelia, no where near the size of the normal variety, it's still only about 2-3mm across... The larger pelia I already have is far bigger, 5 or 6 times bigger.

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8081.jpg

The Belem

IMG_8083.jpg

IMG_8084.jpg

Thoughts ideas suggestions? I'm thinking glosso or elatine, I have trouble getting the elatine to grow prostrate though, ATM there is a few stems of it in the mid ground. I am thinking downoi for the mid ground. What are your thoughts?

Thanks! I can't wait to get more plants, anyone have any glosso they Woukd trade for HC with UG in it? :P

I'm interested to see also. There is a leek in between the bubble counter and needle valve, just using DIY CO2, it's about 0.5bps.

It's going great actually, did a water change with rain water to soften the water for the Belem, the water should be very soft with rain water and aqua soil. Pelia is bright green, looks fantastic. As long as you keep the CO2 high while it transitions it should be fine, i think Wolfy told me that when I asked him about it.

Sorry for the double post but I have achieved succes with the Belem, it's the most difficult plant I have ever grown, the cut of stems are throwing out new shoots, I would take a photo but I'm warm in bed... Very excited :D

Sorry for the double post but I have achieved succes with the Belem, it's the most difficult plant I have ever grown, the cut of stems are throwing out new shoots, I would take a photo but I'm warm in bed... Very excited :D

Get out of bed right this instant :P.

Or tomorrow hehe.

How's the pellia going underwater? I'm curious how it will go transitioning. I'll sure be scared when I take the plunge XD

yeah i think it will be fine, where we found it it was half out of water but im sure it woul dbe immersed most of the time once the rain came, looks a great little tank lol

hmmmmm i hate other peeps things lol

do i wanna nother tank

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO