john

help me save my black umbee PLEASE!!!

hi this is my rare black umbee he has had a growth that started as a pimple and now is a lump that has a seethrough layer that inside that looks meaty and stuffed. he has had this for about a week & a half and now he has a small one on his tail fin. have been treating him melafix with but doesnt seem to be helping. would appreacite any help i can get! thanks guys :-)

post-6446-1471162672009_thumb.jpg

no he is with a few placid american fish. i did change him and the other into this new tank but all other fish are fine. dont know what it is or how to treat

salt and melafix

is likely a wound from fighting over new territory, or exploring new territory

cichlids can freak at night

or try squeeze through a new hole

or under a rock.......

usually nothing ya cant heal up easy enough

if you are worried about the white bit being infection maybe throw in some pimafix too

when my white saum got beaten up and was on its side i thouight it was dead until i went to go take it out and he was just hanging in there so i went down to the pet shop and bought some aquarium salt and melafix it does take time took about 2-3 weeks before he fully recovered. that's the only thing that i can think of.

mix some antibiotics into some frozen food (bloodworm? or beef heart mix) the best antibiotics would be metronidazole (not sure if its available these days ask our LFS). I've used erythromycin capsules successfully too. just thaw out some frozen food and add the crushed tablets (or open the casules) and mix well (i usually mix the antibiotics with a little bit of water). Refreez and feed for a week.

Or mix a tablet of antibiotics to some water and soak a good quality pellet until the water is all soaked up.

thanks everyone...i think hes going to be ok...fingers crossed! the one on his fin is smaller and the one on his head has ruptured and hes still fine! todays the 4th day of using primafix, its a 7day course so hopefully he keeps getting better :-) thanks again!

thanks kavi75 ill keep that in mind if i ever have problems again of if at the end of treatment hes still not 100%...never thought of antibiotics, thanks mate!

Thanks everyone....... he is now 90% better the one on this head has completely disappeared and the one on his top fin has now ruptured so hopefully that one will now heal completely too.

While he has been recovering in spare tank i have cleaned and redone his tank with a awesome homemade fake 3d background that i have made myself....please feel fee to check out my photo album and let me know what you think! Thanks guys :-)