CrayonBox

Help My Red Texas seems cold in 26 degrees

Hey guys,

I am having trouble in my little 2 ft that i have a 6cm red texas in.

He seems cold all the time he is literally sitting on the heater and i dont know why. I tested the temp in the tank and its 26 degrees, i also tested for ammonia, ph, nitrate and there all good. yesterday i came home to his tank mate a little clown pleco (4cm) dead on the bottom of the tank.

I do about a 30% change on his tank every weekend.

Any ideas?

you reckon? when i took the L out he didnt appear to have any trumar, and no the RT is not shivering. He did pick up white spot though, i treated him but ever since then hes just been sitting on the heaterl.

Maybe he's not cold, but instead shy?

Try moving the heater to a different end of the tank and see if he goes there? Where tha heater is now he just may be more comfortable.. Territory/shyness wise..

Is the tank bare??? If so try putting a pot or something in, My RT hangs around the heater aswell but its the only thing in the tank so it don't have much choice, lol.

I have a rock in there, a tube like ornament and a large structure like one that he use to hang around all the time because he is a little shy but now he sits on the heater.

IMO i think so. I find when there is no substrate i find my fh attacking the reflection. Since your rt is a chicken atm lol i would put something in there.

He Died last night :(. I still dont know what killed him, i had moved him to another tank that was nicely established and divided him from the other habitants but it wasnt enough :(