So last night i saw a thread started by Craigo on some of these wild caught Oscars at Pet City. Been thinking about going back to some Americans of late and these fish have always been a soft spot for me. After viewing them though my mind was quickly made up and hey presto 4 new family members. Now they are not the best shots as i have just taken them with my phone but had to share them. Will post more as they develop to adulthood and am looking very forward to seeing the difference in them to captive bred fish.oscar2.jpg

oscar1.jpg

Nice pick up there mate. But please be careful

I bought 2 originally & 1 full blow beat the snot out the other & they were the same size as these.

Also while I sat in PC thursday & watched them, one was getting pretty feisty with the others, so in the next few days as they make their territories keep an eye out mate because these are vicious, not like the big sook commercial breed ones.

Er, is that a white Discus in there?

I saw some wild Oscars a couple of years ago in another LFS, they were only sub adults and beating up much larger tank mates.

oscars are all individuals

wild or captive, you will always get bullys/jerks/wusses/heros/softys etc

the reason you usually see fighting

is people buy the big one

and then for the rest of the day

the fish are working out the new

pecking order.

lulz

Er, is that a white Discus in there?

I saw some wild Oscars a couple of years ago in another LFS, they were only sub adults and beating up much larger tank mates.

Yeah that is a white Discus in there with another 5 of them with it. No they are not staying there i'm moving em out this weekend when I get home from work.

Nice pick up there mate. But please be careful

I bought 2 originally & 1 full blow beat the snot out the other & they were the same size as these.

Also while I sat in PC thursday & watched them, one was getting pretty feisty with the others, so in the next few days as they make their territories keep an eye out mate because these are vicious, not like the big sook commercial breed ones.

Yeah mate in the bigger tank now and they just smashing other lill fish but the missus tells me they are already the most interactive fish in the tank,with her. She LOVES them!!!!

might be getting confused with being able to differentiate true festae with mayan cichlid? idk ;lawl

looks like great little oscars! keep us posted as they settle down

would be good to see