Druid

when the other half says noooooooo

I can't wait to see how this one ends..... Bravest man in the fish hobby right now. I wanted to buy a 6x2x2 yesterday and got a clip on the ear for it. :/ Im living through you mate! pictures to follow please!

that is freakin awesome .... wonder if my hubby would let me do the same thing. painting the wall would be sooo much easier than painting the tank (for me anyway) lol i can imagine the tank set up, some feature lighting and a few white background fishy pictures hung above the tank to break the black up, would look awesome and be such a different talking point in the house :)

good luck with the wife's opinion

its been too long. Way too long. Farewell Druid. You Will be Missed. Please fellows members a moment of silence for our dearly departed friend.

Wow Mate,

Did you ever think that this idea might catch on???? I just showed my better half and....I am not allowed...... or I can but it will have to be in "another house I buy as this is the house I bought for her....and not my fish" .. And I wanted to suprise her with your great new home reno designs.. I even suggested that if you had a nice painting or something on the wall to break up the black but she wouldn't have it.

Mind you who am I to mention that our new reno's included a 1K + chandelier with 30 + lights ( and our house could be used as a light house) and a dark red feature wall in "our" bedroom....

Good on you mate for looking outside the box... and out side the house into the shed ( your new home.)

Hopefully the wife doesn't think outside the box too and decides to paint part of the car black... (if it isn't already).

But good work on your behalf :D

well heres the update so far I left before she got home and went out with some mates for drinks and a game of poker I just walked in the door to a wife sitting on the lounge shaking her head trying not to laugh.

She said to me what the @#$%% were you thinking. That you will do anything to get your own way (win)

I don't see how this is true,

1. she made a suggestion on what she wanted not be done? is it my fault that I'm a male and thought of a solution that was outside the specifications that were stipulated,

2. She didnt say anything about not painting the wall black. is it my fault that there was no clarity around the rules?

3. She called me a smart ass ***** and went to bed, I thought the coast ws clear and started to piss myself laughing at all the comments that have been written on this thread the wife came back down the stairs and asked whats so @#$%ing funny.

So I showed her what has been written on the forum, I recevied a clip over the back of the head and told to collect the donations that might eventuate from the forum to buy a tent to live in from now on.

I went outside to be with only friend my most loyal companian who never judges me or my actions, @#$% its cold out here atm ROFL it was worth it

I will put more pics up when done.

Hopefully the wife doesn't think outside the box too and decides to paint part of the car black... (if it isn't already).

But good work on your behalf :D

LoL I have a black car so no worrys there

ok here we go 2nd coat done this morning photos taken while still wet I had a few quetions on what sort of paint I'm using i find Taubmans the best as I never have a problem with mould build up .

I have to do one more coat but rain makeing drying time longer.

walls005.jpg

walls002.jpg

walls003.jpg

Edited by Druid

that is quality not only did you paint the wall black you wernt even

there when she got home, out playin poker on the turps. that is

some funny funny s#$t

good work

olly

ok 3rd coat done now and tank and stand put in place I stainded it myself in a walnut colour wont be able to fill till this weekend tho will see how it goes and I will place more pics up then. pics arent the best will look different when finished.

walls007.jpg

walls006.jpg

Druid that is classic mate definalty a story to tell for years to come. Don't worry about the wife she will probably calm down in a day or so. You hope :). She is probably happy that you got up and did something without being asked. Well mine would be anyways. you may have started something though next she will want the house completely done. Good luck mate.

Damo

I just showed the minister of finance and war this thread and she said if i did that she would f###### kill me in so many ways that you all would be seeing the story on channel 7 news.

So my hat is off to you, you are a braver man than me... And it looks great cant wait to see what you are putting in it.

just an update couldnt find any large amounts of moon sand so have gone with Fraiser Island sand for the moment till I can find some here is the update photos so far

walls003-1.jpg

rock setup

walls004-1.jpg

Filling up tank

walls005-1.jpg

just a simple display till I can find some moon sand

walls006-1.jpg

You have guts mate but I like it, while you doing the painting on the wall do the shed as well because that maybe the place you going to stay for a couple of days if not weeks. Good luck!!!

YOU ARE A BRAVE MAN!!!!!!!!

just an update couldnt find any large amounts of moon sand so have gone with Fraiser Island sand for the moment till I can find some here is the update photos so far

walls003-1.jpg

rock setup

walls004-1.jpg

Filling up tank

walls005-1.jpg

just a simple display till I can find some moon sand

walls006-1.jpg

Beautifully set up mate, GL

ok setup is taking shape water in and clear I forgot to clean the back of the tank so looks a bit grey with water runs on the back of the tank LOL but painting the walls black works a treat judge for yourself here are some picks I will be putting 10 Fronnies in here about 8-15cm atm I think they will like it instead of the blue 44gal drum there in atm I will add them to the tank soon.

light on

walls001-1.jpg

light off

walls002-1.jpg

walls003-2.jpg

Edited by Druid

Good Job! But Glad your not my man,,,going to the pokies and having some drinks with the mates ,you should of taken your Mrs out for tea ,wined and dined her and all would of been sweet when you got home!

BTW you have good taste with your selection of fish ,love Fronnies....

Good Job! But Glad your not my man,,,going to the pokies and having some drinks with the mates ,you should of taken your Mrs out for tea ,wined and dined her and all would of been sweet when you got home!

BTW you have good taste with your selection of fish ,love Fronnies....

LOL always bring a case of wine home for her and she gets to go out on Friday an Saturday nights with the girls LOL which is good a get to watch the footy in peace!!