fish4fish3

Importers of fish? who's the best?

Lol they even give you free seafood.

There are a couple bringing in quality german tangs. Parkesq on aceforums, smiths gets on good stuff and keysborough aquariums in melbourne. If you want top quality tangs either wild caught or german bred is the way to go.

yeh ! give grant a try ,he puts a post up when he does an import usually every few months.

dont know about the tangs ,but you cant go past the german bred malawis .got some early in the year amazing stock !!!

keysborough has just about the same list,but i think you will find their shipping a bit more.

cheers mark

Here's some positives and negatives on the few who do import Tangs:

Ravi - Gets in fish that other importers don't have on their lists i.e. particular variants and has been doing it for a long time. But lately he's been having problems along the whole chain and orders have been delayed for months. People have complained about the lack of communication and having put down deposits etc. If you want the fish, you will get it but you'll have to be patient

Smiths Aquarium - gets their fish from Meng at Keysborough aquariums, costs a lot more but you can just choose to buy one or two or a whole colony. Plus they should be eating well and the weaker fish died off by the time they reach Mark

Meng at Keysborough Aquarium - cheapest but very poor communication, heard his care and water quality for the fish aren't so great either

Grant - I'm not sure if he still imports for just anyone or particular people

Then there's the whole debate as to getting Wild caught, German bred, costs, losses, quality is already available here for the common species but the various variants might not be and so on...

I bought wild caught aulonocara pair from Meng, the communication was hard but only due to thew fact that his worker doesn't speak very clear english, but when they arrived through AAE they were happy and healthy and a month later bred in the tank

yeah Meng at Keysborough is really good. He has looked after me in the past and I owe him for that. I will be continue buying through him. Just wanted to know if there were other lists out there and from my understanding (now) Ravi and Meng have different suppliers and lists. Don't know what Grant has though