Super Red Texas is a really 'RED' Texas, the red texas we get usually here are more orange....

Usually a cross between a Blood/King Kong Parrot and a Super Green Texas.

Line bred to be redder and pearlier.

Red Texas

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyaWc6m1GJSK_OaSiH3wU-B6vz8F6bALB3KGQnqFf84C8n9y6kcQ

Super Red Texas

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJvpmCpsncG9kt1spzfK7_s5FEVCOTXoRamBRymQiyOf7bwbGZmw

super red texas exist in asia. they are a cross of super green texas and mammon or ingot parrot. we do not have the quality fish in australia to produced "super red texas" nor do we apparently have the breeders willing to cull the junk and work on line breeding for the next ten years to create them. JMHO :)

Ever since i discovered the RT i have been mesmerised by them and especially the ones that get to that SR stage so i have decided that i am going to give it a try and unlike other people who breed them, i am going to work on my SGT to get some really solid fish to start from and hopefully in 10 years i'll have the best SRT in OZ :D

Ever since i discovered the RT i have been mesmerised by them and especially the ones that get to that SR stage so i have decided that i am going to give it a try and unlike other people who breed them, i am going to work on my SGT to get some really solid fish to start from and hopefully in 10 years i'll have the best SRT in OZ :D

Goodluck mate, its easier said than done. You'll need plenty of tanks, time and patience. Oh and a large fish to feed your culls to will come in handy too.

Its going to be a very long process. I dont think i'll have any RT in tanks for a good 2 years. Have to start with some really high quality base fish or theres no hope