Hey Guys, i have 2 fish that i would like an ID on so instead of making 2 threads i will just update this one after i get a photo of my second fish.

So first up can you ID this big fellow for me. I bought him as a Sysnpillum, but i think hes a fenestratus. Discuss, Also sorry bought ****py photos from a Galaxy S2

Angry Archie

2012-07-02194735.jpg

Calm Archie

2012-06-22184431.jpg

I dunno why we call them fenestratus in australia.......

but ya certainly looks pretty fenestrata on the top pic

and a bit more sysnpillum on the lower ones

but then again when it comes to veja

I usually get a fanatic mate to check them out for me

he has the eye

To Tell you the truth i wasnt overally concerned about what he was, because i bought him for the personality he had. I just thought he was a fenny from the moment i saw him even though the pet store were sure he was a sysnpillum

got mine off my LFS in south rochedale/underwood. had been eyeing him off for a while. Pretty sure they ID'd him as a sysnpillum because of his head which is super red (photo doesnt do justice) He also has to be my most opinionated fish. Always happy to show me his opinion of me when i come up to the tank and hes quite the architect

OK next question for you guys. My Red Devil who turned from black to red all over has now started to develop black on his fins. Any ideas? or is it just going through a colour morph

Again sorry for the photography he likes to move and in an 8ft tank hes got plenty of room to do it

Devil

2012-07-03160709_resized.jpg

2012-07-03_1612421.jpg

Edited by CrayonBox

We had this once , did water extra changes For a while and put some salt in and it went away after a couple weeks.. I'm keen to find out if it was stress or water conditions or what?

Defiantly not synspillum. This is fene defiantly. They get a red head too.

My devil got that too it came and went, it was a colour changing back fading process.

Same thing happens with mine every couple of weeks. Its nothing to worry about though. The black just seems to come and go when it pleases.

its often caused by stress about 2 weeks before the black shows up.

amonia, fighting, s****ing......... all can do it.

then again

these sort of colour morph fish can get them all the time, just to mess with ya head