bidkev

Who would you sell to?

In particular: If the first post of a new member was to inquire about buying your fish?

You know nothing about him/her. they've made no contribution to the forum............not even an introduction. Would you open your door to 'em?

We've all heard of stuff going missing when buyers have been round, and even of whole fish rooms being wiped out so just who are you prepared to deal with?

Me? I only deal with known quantities and to be honest, I feel a bit plssed off when put in a similar position. Feel like perhaps I'm being rude ignoring 'em, but then again, not prepared to take the risk of being involved with them. It's not like you're ebaying or gumtreeing where you can keep 'em at the door is it? If you're selling fish then they're gonna want to enter your home to see 'em?

I don't sell anything anymore but if i were. Id meet people near your house to sell your fish. Even if you think you know people well

there is always a chance they will knock your **** off.

We r are new once ! I was directed to this forum by Pet City I had never heard of it as I was looking for a certain size fish . I have met people in car parks and at maccers I for one prefer th public place as I am usually by myself .

Yeah I generally only let people who i know/trust over...your contributions on here do go noticed...I would be alot more trusting of someone who has been on here for awhile and built themselves a rep/contributed....I even ask about people(to others who have dealt with them by PM)if its something "bigger/more pricey" and I havent dealt with the person before....nothing wrong with sussing out your customer/seller I reckon...if you ain't dodgy...you have nothing to hide.....

We r are new once ! I was directed to this forum by Pet City I had never heard of it as I was looking for a certain size fish . I have met people in car parks and at maccers I for one prefer th public place as I am usually by myself .

yeah I prefer to meet new users/members at a public place...and your right its safe for buyers too....;)

I understand what ur getting at kev. Its always a risk when ur letting people into ur home. why risk it even for money when it can come back at u 10 fold when u wake up the next day and everything u worked so hard at is gone

If you're selling fish then they're gonna want to enter your home to see 'em?

I reckon this is a privilege mate..& is at your discretion....showing your set-ups etc is alot more personal...and so the trust factor should be higher...

I agree, would much prefer people who are willing to contribute to the forum and such, or atleast have made contact regarding issues with their tank or something to show their genuine interest in fish before buying

Just curious mate..whats the difference between a servo and someones house when all your after is the fish???.....you can have a decent convo at a servo ;)

can i rock up too the servo and inspect the fish when they are in a bucket..............

i think its a very sad situation to have to be worried about people stealing fish. quite disgusting really. i read another post the other day about someones fish room being wiped out of thousands of dollars worth of fish. fair enough if senior members are not willing to trust junior members but sad to think these oxygen thieves have to give us all a bad name.

can i rock up too the servo and inspect the fish when they are in a bucket..............

yep you certainly can...if you dont like them..you dont buy them...a good fish keeper keeps good fish and is proud of his "stock" and it works both ways...be carfeul when BUYING from a new member too....

yep you certainly can...if you dont like them..you dont buy them...a good fish keeper keeps good fish and is proud of his "stock" and it works both ways...be carfeul when BUYING from a new member too....

how can you when the fish is sitting in a bucket all stressed you cant judge it the same as if you see it in the tanks its acclimatised too.

exactly right there goldenswimmers

I met with someone today just in a parking lot, had the fry in a bucket, all swimming around looking good, buyer was happy and had a chat for 20mins

:) easy

never bought a fish from a servo thought they only sold fuel and a few bits and pieces like milk, pies and bread. Must keep fish out the back?

love the whole not being active a member of this site makes you dodgy..... also the whole attitude that everyone's got all these rare fish that people are dying to steal HAHAHA.. get over yourselves

I personally will not deal with members that don't want to make the sell at their home, I will not be picking fish up from a servo simple as that.

We will never do business then lol , seriously I meet most peeps down the shops u can never be to carefull & if I don't know you then it's the shops or no sale ! But after meeting a member & if we hit it off & I get to know them then they are welcome to come to my house & look around . There's alot of people keeping expensive fish on this forum & I for one totally understand why they would not want to come home to find $1-5 k of stock missing :-(

so 0 post - 3000 post doesn't matter to me safety first but . :)

Me thinks ya all a bit paranoid, almost anyone can come ta my joint, they just gotta get pass my gun collection an my somewhat physco attitude before they get ta buy anything. Stangely, most peeps dun come back :confused:. No wunda I got no friends. :P

Fink im gunna cry now :(

All good :P

Brendan

Edited by Mackayman

....being active on here just gives more of an insight....in some cases your dealing with people you have never seen before or know nothing about...syndicate would you let a new user with 1 post buy your most expensive fish from your home and show them your fishroom??...doesnt need to be rare to be wanted(dvd players aren't rare but still get nicked)....and pretty sure you might think differently if someone stole your collection....