neyund2

congrates to the buyer of my WC fronties - pics of frys

last nite the buyer came around to pick up the WC burundis and one of the girl has a mouthful. So I showed them how to do it and took pics of the frys. there were 71 frys in this girl.

Buyer was stoked. hope you make a killing out of them buddy.

pics are below.

e9bee7f6.jpg

d5217405.jpg

well the funny things was a month ago I had a post up selling these guys and I got flogged by about half a dozen people telling me that they are not WC cos they know every fish that comes into this country.

Anyway, when I put some light onto the burundies the blue in the fish just lit up and they looked magnificent. The buyer's jaw just dropped. The buyer worked out that what he paid for the colony would be paid back with this one mouthful.

The best I got from this colony was 4 mouthfuls in one milking. Over 250 frys.

Seeing is believing. What's even better is that the colony had about 10 girls and only 2-3 males.

So so the buyer if you are reading this. flog the frys for a fortune.

Yea they are WC.

Dan is the man.

And his word is golden.

the buyer is a forum member and that's all I'll say. I won't be breeding fish for a short time cos I just got too much work on but when I get back to it, I will be doing it bigger and better, faster and smarter.

When you get back into it, look me up mate.

I am happy to bust my back helping ya set back up, coz I know you can put me back together again!

srsly though, thanks for all your help Dan

It is greatly appreciated,

and as an added touch every tank you setup, is now full of fry!

Jubes Dan is taking a break from the fish & everything has been sold.

They were wild caught by a guy off a coal / iron ore ship anchored in Africa who went to the lakes then on his next trip to Perth he shipped them to Dan by air freight. Hows that for a bed time story.

Ok well why does three quarters forum say they arent?? And who is this friend that got these for him. Makes it hard for me to sell if i dont know the truth behind it all doesnt it.

Whatchu getting all bent outta shape for over it? You have fry to sell from these fish, or just kicking the hornets nest?

Should it really matter if they are WC or not. The fry themselves are tank bred. I have WC Ussisya peacocks here but I sell the fry as per normal. To me to sell fry for extra just because they are WC is just greed to an extent. Nothing against Dan himself just dont believe in using titles to sell fish.

I bought the ussiya because I havent seen good ones around.

Up to individual pursuit but people are chasing quality fish that's why WC sell more $$$ because they have that quality in them, for me I don't really care if they are WC or WC parents F1, F2 or F3 all I want is quality fish that's matter but plenty of people chasing or listed that type of tiltle of F1, F2 or F3 because they are better quality than the normal one which understandable so is up to you if you want to buy it or to believe it or not.

I totally agree. It just makes life hard if i want to sell them. I personally paid a lot for them. Thats why i want to know so i can sell them and not rip the next person off

Dont really know if it's the same with Africans , but flowerhorn people just sell them as fry from "import" parents.. Then it's buyer beware, you could say was told parents were wild caught and put a price that would also suggest that.. And leave it to the buyer and the masses to debate? That's what we do anyway :)

Dont really know if it's the same with Africans , but flowerhorn people just sell them as fry from "import" parents.. Then it's buyer beware, you could say was told parents were wild caught and put a price that would also suggest that.. And leave it to the buyer and the masses to debate? That's what we do anyway :)

That's exactly what I mean, buyer beware "Believe it or not is up to you" same as seller you can list them as WC or F2.... but that's up to the buyer to believe it. Sometime you know that person well enough to believe that whatever he/she said is true so people willing to pay for that sort of money.

Edited by Supercobwe

Should it really matter if they are WC or not. The fry themselves are tank bred. I have WC Ussisya peacocks here but I sell the fry as per normal. To me to sell fry for extra just because they are WC is just greed to an extent. Nothing against Dan himself just dont believe in using titles to sell fish.

I bought the ussiya because I havent seen good ones around.

Braddo has hit it on the head, the use of various terms means nothing, it is the quality of the fish that counts. Regardless of whether they have a certificate or not. Certainly with WC fish I would encourage getting some sort of paperwork to be able to defend your statement. Without it things can become messy.

Regardless of WC or not, quality sells. Jubes, I would suggest get some pictures of your fish up in your sales thread, a picture is always the best way to sell a quality fish.....