kasman

Elecy blues and Peacocks

I want to keep a colony of Sciaenochromis fryeri with some Aulonocara & Copadichromis during the winter months.

Will the elecy blues give the other males too much of a hard time?

(6ft tank, about 10 of each with a colony of saulosi in there too.)

Thanks ryan. Its a 6x18x18

All are small at the moment, planning on getting the eb's on the weekend. but just want to think long term when all are mature. Will have plenty of rocks etc in there. I ask the question as i have read that male elec blues can get pretty agressive, and generally peacocks are softies and mine are ngara flametails so they will have a blue base.

i wont be stripping any females while all together. Will separate breeders come summer.

Thanks ryan. Its a 6x18x18

All are small at the moment, planning on getting the eb's on the weekend. but just want to think long term when all are mature. Will have plenty of rocks etc in there. I ask the question as i have read that male elec blues can get pretty agressive, and generally peacocks are softies and mine are ngara flametails so they will have a blue base.

i wont be stripping any females while all together. Will separate breeders come summer.

If that the case then should be ok but just keep an eyes out for any aggression, saulosi can be quiet aggressive as well though but all depend on how big.

Not too much rock man

Sciaenochromis fryeri are often known as "psuedo peacocks"

as in they pretend to be the shrimp eating peacocks

so they can get close to small fish

and then

eat them lol

So yea they like aulonocara peacocks are found over sand

and near where rocks hit sand

and ya Copadichromis are often open water

or kinda midwater, in habitat thats not always that rocky.

They are also prone to damaging eyes on rough rocks.

lol so while the saulosi will love the rocks

the others will enjoy the open water and sand

I would prob build a rockpile for the saulosi

and leave the rest of the tank open

Your on the money man.

It just so happens I recieved my first Konings book in the mail yesterday. And after doing a little reading I came across this...

Sciaenochromis fryeri .... Food - Small fishes, mainly small mbuna which live among rocks

So yeh, says it all lol.

But yeh, i figured I'll have to leave some swimming room for the eb's & peacocks to sift around the sand. Dont have my Copadichromis yet, and not sure now. The 5fter the 30 or so fish are in atm looks mighty busy, so I'm now thinking the 6fter will be filled out pretty well by the end of the year with a bit of growth.

Ta for the advice man. Might have some pics of the new setup tomorrow fingers crossed.