trippa02

Frozen and live foods for fronnies

Evening all,

Since my lovely 7 bars are getting quiet big these days I am wondering about different foods for them as pellets would get boring and frozen brine shrimp are getting abit small. I was reading up that they can eat krill, smaller fish (but mine wont touch fish), and worms. Just wondering what sort of worms blood worms, meal worms etc? I just want to start giving them different foods.

If any of you can help that would be great. In the mean time ill keep looking around on the internet for more info.

Cheers Shane

Yeah it's weird lil tiny fish swim right up to jew jew (my large male) and he wont even touch them. None of them do but they love frozen krill (when i can find it again) and I haven't tried my own mix yet but I'll give it ago. Just go to the local co-op and just grab some bits and pieces or do you have a specific mix?

Broc

Garlic

Carrots

Peas

Colly flower

Brine shrimp

Prawns

Oysters*

Muscles*

Asparagus

Celery*

Seaweed

String beans!

That's what I use.

Sorry about the spelling!! But yeh add some water then freeze into cube.

Honestly don't think it would be more the. 30-40% protein!

Mine have the Ocean Nutrition frozen krill (AOA),also chopped up prawns and whitebait,and i have been told they will eat shelled peas!

They also get once a week massivore delight ,they love it...

I never feed Bloodworms***rubbish***...

I went out today and got some whiting fillets, prawns, peas, left over spirulina and a little bit of garlic. Put it all in a food processor, slopped it all into ice-cube trays and now it's in the freezer hope it's going to go well otherwise I'll be spewing. Went to smiths to get the krill but they had none left. Might try a cube or 2 now as its been about 6hrs since I made it. I'll let you know how it goes.

I use to go and do the samething. Had a good old spot where I always caught plenty for a feed. I might even go catch a few and see about breeding them just for food.

Tried my mixture last night, put in 3 cubes and the *******s stuck there nose up in the air at them. Think I spoilt them to much when they were younger with the good stuff. But I'll keep on trying this stuff until it runs out.