goldenswimmers

Black JDs!?!?!...

Thanks big time to Steve for this little baby JD...beautiful fish and its black!!!...did some research and read some talk about a "mythological" black dempsey...but also as I read...and many agree with...reckon its a normal very dark coloured JD...you do just get some JDs that are really dark and so virtually black...gorgeous fish...

so some pics of the little guy...

SAM_5828.jpg

SAM_5847.jpg

SAM_5851.jpg

SAM_5846.jpg

hahahaha he is a little stunner, i still got 1 or 2 here like him, :) you were lucky i was feeling kind, :)

you say 1 in a hundred ben, thats interesting, these came from sarahs pair of splits, they had about 500 fry, due to hatching a week before we went away for 2 weeks most were gone when we got home, i thing about 15 were left, there are 3 blacks and about 12 normal, as expected no ebjds survived due to being neglected while we were away, so maybe while the ebjd are weaker the black jds are stronger,

just my thoughts, but they also seem to grow slower then the normal looking jds,

yeah reckon they are gorgeous little guys...wondering if you can influence colouring through breeding..black with black etc....alot of genetic diversity with JDs...the electric blues,golds and these super dark/black guys...great mid sized cichlid...big thumbs up kiddies..:P

Hha awesome:) its not a gene or anything.. He's just evil!!!

Never judge the book by the cover as they say..:).seems in the new tank with much lighter background etc...its the other guys that are the "evils"...was noticing this beautiful little guys fins & tail were were starting to get really damaged...so did some surveillance and yep...they beat him up and bite him....hes been segregated I tells ya...so now he gets his own studio apartment (with views ;)) away from the the unappreciative masses.... :)