Daharkazangel

Help introducing large fish!

All I can think of is feed them when you introduce them to distract the larger ones. Introduce the larger ones to the smaller ones tank as the smaller ones will have a better idea of the space. Try adding more decorations and hidey spots.

Im no expert when it comes to introducing fish to one another, but I do have a few ideas which could work.

Use egg crate as a divider for your tanks, it doesnt restrict water flow. I would then cut a hole in the egg crate slightly larger than your small oscar that is being bullied. So the small one can some and go as he pleases but the large one is restricted to one section. This way they will still interact but when the little one has had enough it can escape.

I have found that fish dont hide when they are being beaten up... Ie they dont seek out logs/rocks.... they find a corner and just sit there in plain view....

If you dont like the idea of cutting the hole in the egg crate dont... at least they can still see/smell each other and may just get used to each other being there.

Also keep the food up to them, they moment they become hungry is when they get agressive.....

Try adding some other fish in there similar size to your small oscar so they share the big oscars attention?

Hope something helps

ok, I can't see the smaller ones, so I can't comment on size, but your main problem is you ave absolutely nowhere for the little ones to hide!

they need to get out of sight (out of the big ones mind) now & then, places they can fit but not the big ones, its the only way you will make it work... even then, they can be temperamental...

Im no expert when it comes to introducing fish to one another, but I do have a few ideas which could work.

Use egg crate as a divider for your tanks, it doesnt restrict water flow. I would then cut a hole in the egg crate slightly larger than your small oscar that is being bullied. So the small one can some and go as he pleases but the large one is restricted to one section. This way they will still interact but when the little one has had enough it can escape.

Also keep the food up to them, they moment they become hungry is when they get agressive.....

Try adding some other fish in there similar size to your small oscar so they share the big oscars attention?

Hope something helps

All brilliant ideas. I'd go with this.

ok, I can't see the smaller ones, so I can't comment on size, but your main problem is you ave absolutely nowhere for the little ones to hide!

they need to get out of sight (out of the big ones mind) now & then, places they can fit but not the big ones, its the only way you will make it work... even then, they can be temperamental...

I only just removed all the rocks and caves. The small ones are very smsll. Maybe too small??

Are they chasing or lip locking?

If they are getting chased, then craigo is on the money, you need WAY more wood/pots for them to hide. like I'd seriously throw 6 big pots in there and 6 small pots. Pots look bad but they cant be beat for breaking the line of sight in tanks.

If they are fighting then you just gotta watch them closely cuz they may just settle.

Are they chasing or lip locking?

If they are getting chased, then craigo is on the money, you need WAY more wood/pots for them to hide. like I'd seriously throw 6 big pots in there and 6 small pots. Pots look bad but they cant be beat for breaking the line of sight in tanks.

If they are fighting then you just gotta watch them closely cuz they may just settle.

Chasing but only the albino one and its only one oscar doing the chasing. So one big tiger chasing tgen biting one small albino.

oscars are *****s just leave them they'll work out the peaking order, if you don't like them chasing and fighting maybe move onto guppys as american are mostly large territorial fish and the pissy small tanks we offer them just aren't large enough