tp93

what is your dream tank!

thought i would start of one of my first posts buy asking everybody this:

If you had no budget or limit to space, What would your dream tank be.

How big would it be?

what would you stock it with?

What features would you integrate into it (auto water change)?

Planted or not?

Mine would have to be a 8x6x5! with a monster murray cod, i would aquascape it with a built in cave that would show the big girl in her full glory. Not sure if planting would be possible. maybe some lilly pads on top. If possible i would add some yellow belly and silvers but they would have to be monsters not to be eaten.

Keen to hear what you guys come up with ! :cool:

Cut and paste from last similar thread

Tank 18 foot by 6 foot by 3 foot.

18 foot slice of an Amazonian stream. Along one side is a sandy bank that falls away in to the tank with a shallow gutter filled with leaves, small branches and a couple of small logs, before the bank falls in to deeper water . Overhanging branches and Amazon sword plants can be found right along the length of the water line at the sand bank. The deeper water is largely sandy bottom with a few larger submerged logs, rocks and pockets of leaf detritus.

Inhabitants include Apistogramma agassizii, Laetacara curviceps, Dicrossus maculatus, Geophagus tapajos, Geophagus altifrons "Tapajos", Crenicichla regani "Tapajos dwarf pike", Amazon leaffish (Monocirrhus polyacanthus), Potamotrygon motoro (fresh water stingray), Lemon tetras, Penguin tetras, Marbled hatchetfish and common Pencilfish, Baryancistrus xanthellus (Gold Nugget Pleco), Panaque armbrusteri (Golden Line Royal Pleco), Hypancistrus sp. (L260)-(Queen Arabesque Pleco), Ancistrus dolichopterus (Starlight Bristlenose Catfish), Peckoltia sp. (L140), Corydoras ornatus, Corydoras bifasciatus, and a couple of different types of small freshwater shrimp (can anyone say dinner) and insect nymphs.

I think that about covers it.

I'd do a pond with underground viewing, similar to what you see at public aquariums. Absolutely massive (as possible), but not that deep. Filled with large schools of adult Asian aros, a mix of high spoonhead blue base blood reds, blue base crossback crossbelly goldens, some 24k golds, some qian hu rtg and whatever else I got my hands on.

It would be auto water change, with sunlight coming through the entire top. Planted natural style bottom. No idea what it would take to filter but if I was that rich I could pay someone to take care of that. And maybe some dither fish.

But for now, a more realistic 'dream' aquarium for me is a large-ish iwagumi with seiryu stone. Stocked with a large school of cardinals and filled with assorted shrimp.

i would like a 3000L tank.

with a bit on top so i guess it would be a paladarium, with an amazon theme.

it would have led lights in the center to give a shimmering effect on the water, with river sand as the substrate, and plenty of driftwood for many of the panaque's to swim in and out of.

it would be home to some geophagus, including jupari's also would have a motoro ray in there

just a peice of the amazon in my own home

well this would be mine! not so aquariumy but pure AWSOME!

A biosphere the size of 20! football fields inside would be a amaizing amazon river and tropical rainforest with little creeks and water falls. it would have p bass, arowana asian and other.... silver dollars pacu awsome catfish like zebs and a heap of feeders! then on the land part i would have a mad motocross track and bmx jumps over all the creeks so i could like do a backflip and see a arowana jumping out of the water for a incect on a overhaning branch. and in the middle would be a japanese garden with bonsai plants and a very nice pond filled with japenece goldfish, ranchu ,oranda,ryukin....... so i could unwind and focous on the pure awsomeness!

if you can only imagine the image i have created in my mind of this awsome THING!

maybe abit over board LOL

I would say i"ll have mine just like underwater worlds but instead of sharks and stuff it would be full of SOUTH AMERICANS from small to large and every saturday i would open it up for people to go swimming with them all they would have to do is clean the glass for me so i didnt have to move from my seat near the rum fridge.

I would say i"ll have mine just like underwater worlds but instead of sharks and stuff it would be full of SOUTH AMERICANS from small to large and every saturday i would open it up for people to go swimming with them all they would have to do is clean the glass for me so i didnt have to move from my seat near the rum fridge.

You lost me at the rum fridge. Bleher.

No budget....would just be a massive tank the size of a room. With a few wide bar datnoids, and some wide bar silver dollars as dithers. Plus a heap of other fish.

My current tank is my dream tank (that the missus will approve of). Almost 3000L, sits in the middle of the house, can be viewed from different rooms front back and side, auto top up. Just need to work on getting the datnoids.........

Not the prettiest.. But i'd like something like this covered in shade cloth, turn it into a business.. wading through ponds all day pants rolled up to my knees selecting and breeding quality stuff:)

8a7c0df9.jpg

Wouldn't be a bad way to spend the day!