catfishin

catfish out of water

pulled some drift wood out of one of my tanks while cleaning it to day and placed it in a bucket around 330 pm once i filled the tank back up i had a bit of running around to do so i left things .i got home 6pm went back out to the shed to feed the fish and tidy up when i noticed the wood still in bucket as i picked it up to put back in tank i saw one of my 134 s and marble bn in bottom of bucket the little buggers had been in the wood when i pulled it out of tank hours before i grabed them they were still alive 2.5 hrs out of the water bloody lucky .

So now on ill check drift wood for fish a little closer when pulling out of tanks for fish .

How long do they last out of water

It is really surprising just how well they go. Lucky it was not on cement as it would of dried it out and at least with the wood it would have kept it moist. I had a L397 fry in frysaver that was out of the water for a day and all it had was a teaspoon of water in the corner. They can be tuff little buggers.

I had my jag jump out one night found him in the morning dried went to grab him thinking he was dead and the sucker tried to get me, scared the **** outa me. Put him back in the tank(which had glass lids on the whole time) and he survived like it didn't phase him at all. After that we named him Houdini