Yoshi

Indian Almond tree ?

I wouldn't think you could imported them legally, maybe you got lucky and customs didn't pick them up.

No it's completely legal, as long as the species is stated on the box and they are free from any other organic matter on the surface of the leaves.

yeah. see i am sure there are some trees growing in brisbane i just have to find them, i thought i found them at the UQ but it looks like these r not those. + the sap is milky :(

I might have to use magnolia (which i have a tree at my place) just need to get a tank for testing. unless someone wants to test the leaves for me :P

lilly pilly leaves are right to use aswell,

did you ask the groundman or perhaps one of the biologists/science facualty members, there if they knew what the tree was? and if it would be harmful towards fish (surely UQ would have an ichthyologist and a botanist who would be able to help you out)

Yeah i should be able to ask them that, the issue with the UQ is that it is soooo frigging big. so to find the right person take a bit of effort. but i will put in the effort and post back with my findings. (i work in IT not as research or anything)

I wouldn't think you could imported them legally, maybe you got lucky and customs didn't pick them up.

Hey Trevor. As Matt said, IAL are completely legal to import. A few LFS and a few (betta) hobbyists import them from Jeff and Wan at Bettawan.com

Yoshi, are these the big trees on the pathway that goes down the back path to the lakes? I have seen some trees that look like IAL down that path opposite the bamboo on the pathway that goes around the back of the bike shop. The leaves look similar, but the fruits are totally different, I have been meaning to bring some home with me (I'm a student there) but every time I think of it i don't have anything to put them in. Let us know once you have caught up with a curator.

Cheers

Kerrie

1000 leave's of trevor for $100 bargain and you don't have to buy 1000 i'd say trevor would do smaller amount's..........why would you bother going to the trouble of trying to find your own, got a bag of about 50 of Trevor about 12 month's ago and still got about 15 left