Anthony93

aquarium rocks and drift wood

Hi i recently just today had been to the beach in sunny coast and have chose some nice rocks and a bit of drift wood to display in my home cichlid aquarium. I know i must soak them but is this ok to do and will it harm my fish in anyway. Also should i be soaking them with a chemical or just plain water

1. you should not collect said items from the beach (as is illegal without corresponding permits)

2. i would soak them in plain water

due to the location that you found these they will raise the ph of your tank to say rift lake standards.

be warned mate, higher authorities do patrol this forum on a regular basis.

and welcome to the forum

Hey Anthony! we don't have a beach in Shailer park;)

When I collect stuff (legally of course) I try and boil it for a while to kill any parasites.. And it really depends on what type of rock it is as to whether it will affect Your ph. Well done I love a treasure hunt! Hope they look great in your tank:)

Hey Anthony! we don't have a beach in Shailer park;)

When I collect stuff (legally of course) I try and boil it for a while to kill any parasites.. And it really depends on what type of rock it is as to whether it will affect Your ph. Well done I love a treasure hunt! Hope they look great in your tank:)

Yeah love exploring to try see wat you can find aye

always fun for a little adventure lol :)

Anyway how is you ph in shailer park straight from the tap. Mine seems to be a good dark blue ph