Anthony93

telling m to f peppermints

ive had peps 9 cm no bristles up nose then moved into another tank and then grew some must of been on bottom of male food chain . some females grow bristles up nose but the they dont split at end of bristle like males i have one female with a couple of bristles up her nose . in my experience around 18 months to 24 months old till they breed un like standards who breed around around 6 cm

Anthony it might just be the picture but you might not want to pick this one to breed from. If you get the picture and enlarge it and turn in 45 degrees so the head is pointing upwards the head/bristles area looks a bit out of shape and the pectoral fin on the RHS seems a bit odd - it might have had an accident while growing.

It could be early indicators of what the fry end up like if you breed from it - it might be fine but would not like to see you disappointed at breeding time or it could just be the photo.

Ok lol not sure if thats a joke or not haha it doesnt seem to be but just putting it out there wouldnt that do damage to the fishes brain lol lose a few brain sells haha

anthony thats just les way of trying to be funny, please ignore his comment,

but yep, i'd check them out and see if techy is right, it does happen,