BRISSY

Woke up to this :(

5fter decided to empty itself on the floor :(

woke up and there was no water in it at all, got fish into other tanks and a few have died but the others seem ok

IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

Edited by BRISSY

Looks like it may be on a veranda? Bugger mate. How old is the tank? Wont show hubby this thread, could only imagine this is my lounge room :/ worst thing is insurance generally covers objects damaged by the tank, but not the rreplacement of the tank. Good on fj for offering to repare silicone :-)

Edited by Daharkazangel
stupid auto correct

When we get insurance I ask are we covered for flood by fishtank

If the answers no I ring someone else

And yes a tank did crack and leak and yes they paid for damage and new tank

FJ

Mind if ask who you with. I with SC and they will replace damaged goods, carpet etc but want nothing to do with replacing the tank. Couldnt find anyone that would. Was a while ago, may need to change :-)

How long do silicon joins on aquariums last for? My tank has been filled since I got it about 2.5 years ago is there a rough age when you should empty it and re-silicon? Makes me worried to buy a second hand tank, also I rent and don't have insurance :/

Yup, not a good day at all. Matt and Dave, as usual you guys are awsome!!! But Matt I dont have a place to put a 5x15x18 :( Won't fit. And Dave, I am looking into insurance to see if it will cover the tank, if it does I'll get a new one but if it doesnt I'll pay you to fix it. I saved all but one of my L002s, most of my corys, an killifish but all my discus and rainbows died. I'm very sad. Not sure how old the tank was, had it for 7 years. Also my 300w jagar heater is stuffed and maby my fluval cannister too :( I might just keep a few breeder tanks for a while.

ps Daharkazangel it is in my living room

Edited by BRISSY

Yup, not a good day at all. Matt and Dave, as usual you guys are awsome!!! But Matt I dont have a place to put a 5x18x18 :( Won't fit. And Dave, I am looking into insurance to see if it will cover the tank, if it does I'll get a new one but if it doesnt I'll pay you to fix it. I saved all but one of my L002s, most of my corys, an killifish but all my discus and rainbows died. I'm very sad. Not sure how old the tank was, had it for 7 years. Also my 300w jagar heater is stuffed and maby my fluval cannister too :( I might just keep a few breeder tanks for a while.

ps Daharkazangel it is in my living room

Ah ****! Keep us updated mate

Mind if ask who you with. I with SC and they will replace damaged goods, carpet etc but want nothing to do with replacing the tank. Couldnt find anyone that would. Was a while ago, may need to change :-)

Ok we are with NRMA

You need to ask for accidental damage to include glass and water damage to include fish tanks

FJ