pony-tail

"LG6" whip eggs

I have just had to pull down the AR620T tank I had my Whiptails in because it developed a slow leak . But as I was pulling the tank apart I found one of the pieces of driftwood has about 40 or 50 Whip eggs attached . unfortunately I do not have the choice of leaving the eggs with the parents as the tank has to be stripped down to be resiliconed .

What is the best way to try and save the eggs ?

Maybe you could fill a bucket or spare tank with the tank water and put the wood in with an airstone so the bubbles create a current past the eggs... That's what we do with flowerhorn eggs with parents that eat eggs. I've never raised lg6 though..

They are quite tuff and i usually s c r a p e them off with my fingernail.(Mine usually lay on my sword plants).Sometimes they pop but not very often.Dont be worried if you lose this batch as once they start laying you cant stop the buggers

No point leaving them with the male either unless you get the fry once they hatch.You need to get them in a fry saver and feed them appropriate food or they will die.I am still yet to have any survive that i have left in the main tank and i have had dozens of batchs.

I get up to 10 or 12 survive out of each batch - leaving them with the male unless I have other whips in there then it drops to zero or maybe 1 if I am lucky.

I feed them micro worms and frozen brine shrimp nauplii and after a week or 2 some powdered flake and some boiled Pumpkin .

Works for me . Anyway when I do breed them up I find them very hard to move - so unless I wish to increase my stock levels I do not bother saving them .

Removed 5 eggs today because they were fungused the rest seem ok so far .

Sweet.Guess its because i have mine in with other whips and Ls.I put mine in a fry saver and feed spiralina powder/agar agar mix and baby brine and have high succsess rate (prop 85-90%)The royals tend to die alot easier than the lg6s.

I guess its what ever works for you.

Cheers Leigh