Daharkazangel

Angels Pep breeding log

Ok so i finally got myself a nice colony going with heaps of different bloodlines. So far they are still quite small, say 3cm-5cm aprox. I have 14 all up so i should def get a breeding pair trio. They are currently in my two foot tank but this weekend will be moved to my 4x18x18 once i catch and sell all my normal bn. So in the four foot i have five guppys, a male fighter, seven rummynose tetras and four corys. So nothing to eat or harm my peps. I may sell or move these fish but id like something to look at other then my shy peps

I will post pics and update this like a blog, so if anyone else is contemplating breeding peps they can follow me.

So thats where im at atm. I may move house yet but i will endeaver to not kill my peps in the process. Ill use as many pics and little words as possible to keep it interesting.

Cheers Angel :P

Ok update, i moved the colony to my two foot as i thought they had bloat. I wanted to monitor them closly and do daily water changes. Turns out these guys scoff cucumber down so fast that they can appear to have bloat! But really be ok! All bellies are back to normal now however i was feeding hiraki sinking chiclid pellets and as a precaution have moved to hiraki algae wafers. I feed sparinging and bass their diet on vegies now.

Ive noticed a few already claiming logs, im asuming them as males although i could be wrong. All catties are growing well since i got them, id say biggest is now7cm, and as promised so not to bore you guys with dribble, ive got some pics! Will do in two posts. Enjoy :)

2012-08-29094155.jpg

2012-08-29094131.jpg

2012-08-29094056.jpg

they take 2 years angel, (on average) you still have at least 4 to 8 months to wait, at 5cm you were looking at them only being 3 to 4 months old, maybe 6 at the most,

how big are they now,

No idea, I rarely see them...the tank is overgrown and tannin. I guess 7cm average? They are in a lightly stocked 6x18x18. No idea how many I still have, only one died due to being stuck in some dw ( we all remember that thread im sure lololololol) I will make the tank pretty, catch them and throw some pics up, you can help me sex them :P