Matmatmat

What's your most expensive feeder?

I thought I would be a good son-inlaw:) and buy the father-inlaw (farnq01 on here) an ebjd to go with the two he allready has:)... :( I thought it would be too big to be eaten? ....well I was kinda right! The bigger guy tried to eat it last night and it got stuck halfway, with the tail of the smaller one hanging out its mouth:( he looked like he was struggling to breath so we tried some surgery, couldn't pull it out so we kind of cut the smaller ones tail off and broke it up a bit so the bigger guy could at least close his mouth.

So what's your most expensive feeder?

Bought a colony of electric yellows a while back for $100 odd , when I picked them up they where allready in buckets so paid the guy & took them home, put them in there new home & took of for work .

Well didn't get much time to look at them as work got in the way but the next morning went to check them out & all but 2 had bent spines :( !! Not happy jan ! But my bass pair were as they snacked on adult yellows for 2 weeks .

Beware fish in black buckets !:-P

I would be devo if lost EBJD like that haha... luckily mine not as bad but I bought 3 x electric blue cichilids on special for $30 nice colours from city farmers thinking they would be to big to get eaten by my FH's... turns out I was wrong and than found new dislike for the eat all you can FHs and gave them to a fish shop to keep haha... Also when I bought my fish tank 2nd hand, it came with bout a 30cm red devil, 15cm frontosa, and a massive fat bigger than frontosa gold fish that grew to that size from a feeder that survived one of the frenzys along time ago according to the sellers haha.. use to swim around no fish would bother him... and I ended up giving him to a mate to put in his big pond with other gold fish for a happy ending

I had a good batch of Blue Ram wrigglers once, siphoned them out to put them in a fry saver net.

They were all too small for the net and fell straight through the holes down to the black neon tetras who had a nice high protein breakfast that morning :(.

Several years ago, a sailfin pleco (purchased by a housemate for about $60 from a LFS) was added to my "empty" 6ft tank while I was away for a weekend. She was baffled how this fish had miraculously disappeared overnight... nearly broke her heart when I revealed the resident large redclaw that had actually consumed her fish :( OOPS!