pom20

help help rainbow shark :(

Did.1/4 water change other day and my rainbow sharks ( black with red tail and find) had been acting very life less came home just before and one is floating up side down and on his side . I turn him up the right way and he's ok for a few seconds has a swim and bam back to before

Please please help

post-7357-14711627193519_thumb.jpg

Ok first things first i would make sure you have enough oxygen getting into the tank by either adding a bubbler or increasing your filters surface agitation. Secondly you need to test your water for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and pH make sure you post the results, and try and fill out this http://www.qldaf.com/forums/diseases-fish-care-water-discussion-12/got-fish-tank-problem-template-56740/, if you don't have the test kits your local fish shop should test your water for you... without these results it's pretty hard to help you much more. You mentioned you did a waterchange a few days ago did you remember to add de-chlorinator (simple mistake). When you did the waterchange did you wash the filters and if so was it in water from the tank or tap water? Are the fish showing any other signs of distress E.g. Breathing Heavily, Fighting, wounds or spots, torn or damged fins. How are the other fish in the tank i notice you also have angels how are they?

Try and test your water and we should be able to help some more...

Hope your fish get better :)

My other shark is fine angels are fine all my other fish are fine water level correct nitrate level fine add every th img that I normally do... Never had a problem the shark that is having problems his started to get lighter grey marks on him and is breathing deeper than.before :/