I have in the past made Acrylic tanks - I do not any more for a reason .

Acrylic tanks ( the ones I was doing were 4foot x 18inch wide x 26inch high ) are not easy to make PROPERLY . you need a bench saw with the correct blade , you need to be able to plane mitred corners to a near perfect finish ( or the seams will leak - or worse split ) there is no room for error . Once you get all that sorted they scratch very easily (it can be buffed out if not deep ) and they slowly go yellow over time .

I used 10mm with substantial bracing ( to stop the bowing ) for 4 footers but after a few years the seams still began to fail (minor leaks - which I repaired )

I prefer the look of Acrylic when new ( it seems clearer than glass ) but it does not age as well as glass .

If you think you can do it successfully go for it - but do your research first to make sure you know the pitfalls and issues first .

Acrylic is also much more expensive than glass .

Acrylic tanks need their stands to have full base support or their bottoms bow and stress the seams .

Hi i had a 1200x900x850 with 15mill perspex tank euro braced cost me close to $475 until the side weld split and to get it rewelded with weldon 5 glue and seams inside rewelded was over $250 for the lowest quote i loved it but ended up selling it to a guys for frogs

It was crystal clear didnt have to worry about the tank getting broken with kids or pets . But a glass tank is alot cheaper to buy and repair.