ok i have a tank 5.5 foot have a 3 fem kingseizi 2 males,one large red top 2 females prob is i added one of the male kingseizi today about same size as red top and red top keeps attacking him repetitvly my goal is to have to tanks one with just red tops the other with just kingseizi but wat to do in the mean time the kingseizi is distressed sits on bottom of tank most of time still as a rock till reddy chasses him again wat to do add more large fish take kingseizi out ?????help

Be nice to place a full stop in there somewhere. Made it a bit hard to read.

Take the red top out. If he is singleing out one fish, the stress will probably end up killing the kingie. If you don't have another tank, then get a breeders net, or similar. Place red top in that. Re arrange tank, then add more kingies, give it a few days, or until harrased fish is fine again. Then add red top back in, see how you go.

Or if you are looking at breeding, buy a 2 footer. You will need one down the track for breeding. Place red top in there till further notice, so to speak.

Frenchy :sheep:

Sometimes it can be a simple solution. I have had success before in stopping this behaviour by taking the dominant cichlid out of the tank for an hour or so, rearanging the tank, then putting him back in. This doesn't always work but it is worth a try. You definately need alot mor fish in there to spread the aggression/attention of the dominant fish.

yeah, last time my small 6bar fronny was doing it to the very large fronny because the large one was a new arrival, so the large one end up dead. pre-dead symton was as what you described, longly, sitting in the corner, down the bottom, not eating, got chased away.... then came back to the original corner, sitting there looked lonely, sad...