antjae

mumma wont spit out the rest of the babies [lol]

hi guys yes me again, i have another pindani holding for bout 3 weeks now alomost 4, she has been in her own tank 4 bout 2 weeks came home the other nite to find a baby swimming around so i think great she will spit the rest soon and i can seperate mom from babies, its been 4-5 days since then and she hasnt spit anymore out whats going on???????

have to correct myself the first time i saw 2 babies but now there is only 1 swimming around??

Hey Ant

try stripping the fry from her if she has been holding for that long, if you are unsure of how have a look on you tube heap of vids to show you how.

heres just on

hope that helps

Chris

Hey guys there is an easier way to strip all you need to do is grab a small funnel, put the female face first into it, hold funnel over a bucket and pousr water into the funnel and the fry come puring out. I found this to be less stressfull than holding onto the female.

Cheers Matt

thanks matt i did try your method first, not sure if i was doing it right or not but didnt work,, i tried the other method chris showed me, had to do it a few times i didnt want to hurt the fish, at the start i wasnt holding her firmly enough but eventually worked it out , got all the babies out mum is in a recovery tank all good my first strip a success eventually thanks to chris and matt for the info.

mate the mum is only about10cm i havent tried 2 count but i reckon there is easy 20 - 25 babys

couldnt beleive it, im going 2 keep 1 or 2 of these ones and 1 or 2 of the other babies i have as they are the first ones i have ever breed.. sentimental value and all lol,, just wanted to say thanks again 4 your help mate that clip was all i needed cheers ant