Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Seeing as it is affecting half your fish I'm going to assume it's a bacterial infection known as "Cloudy-eye". Quite common with discus and reasonably easy to treat.

If it is cloudy-eye, regular w/c and adding 1tbs of salt per 10L of water should clear it up but it depends how bad the infection is and how early it was noticed.

If it gets worse you may have to treat them with a few doses of Methylene blue.

Some people just dose the tank while others dose the tank, catch the fish, wipe it's eyes out and put a few drops directly onto the lens.

HTH:|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may need to check your water from the tap for ammonia ( and nitrites - Discus hate nitrites and the reading is high from my tap)

Also check your tank parameters eg pH etc ammonia etc, if all is well then think of diseases............But check water first before medicating fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...