The problem you have with a Male LF and Female SF common is that if they do breed you will get some short fin some long. The result of this is that you sell short fin and the long fin and someone grows up the Long Fin and breeds with another long fin and they are disappointed as they paid more for the longfins yet they are not breeding long fin fry and may feel a bit ripped off.

It is annoying for me and sure it is for others too.

how do u know if she has eggs ready and waiting? I wouldnt call her preggers cause arnt the eggs fertilized by the male, so all that she might be is full of eggs...

sorry to get technical but i am a noob and waiting for my sf bn to start breeding and just want to make sure im understanding this right :)

Yes we have all been stung on one fish or another but once stung we dont go back and reputions are not by how many people talk about your fish its how many keep comeing back to buy more.Dont think we should be sugesting that anyone should go with the flow but try to get back to the reason we started to breed fish in the first place. which for most of us was to get better and better quality.

well if i was breeding like for example a albino krib with a normal krib i would sell the albino babies as not a true albino, like i would explain to the person i was selling them to that if they where to breed with another albino they would get normal and albino. but the albino i would give them would be a stronger bloodline.