samo

Shrimp Grading? Cherry Reds

Hey guys,

After doing a pit of reading and market scoping I've noticed that red cherry shrimp aren't just red cherry shrimp. With the sakura reds and fire reds. However there seems to be a blurry line between all the grades. Has anyone got pics of a definite shrimp in each category? Only because my shrimp seem to be more of the sakura red than cherries (from the pics of seen of others)

Cheers in advance,

Sam

Edit: I found this link as a guide, not sure if the standards differ here though. http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/showthread.php/74217-Grading-system-of-Cherry-to-Fire-Red-Shrimps

Edited by samo
Link added

Mate! at this time there is no grading system for cherry shrimp in Australia, Only the overseas one's This is very frustrating for us here as our gene pool is very restrictive. There are a few people working on trying to get a grading system for Australia at the moment, but it will take some time, as different people have different Ideas, a concensus of opinions will have to be reached before we can standardize something that will reflect what qualities we have here in Australia.