crusty76

Mbowe or (Buccochromis Nototaenia) can anyone out there tell me anything about these?

All I know is that they can grow rather large 9" = 23cm but some claimed that they can grow maximum size of 16" which I doubt it, females are not as colorful as males but do not lack color altogether. They are primarily silver with a diagonal stripe, and yellow on the snout, ventral and anal fins, and the lower lobe of the tail. I think they are quiet peaceful, flexible and can be opportunistic feeders any small fish will definitely will become their food so you should offer a varied diet using a good quality cichlid pellet as staple, along with lots of meaty fare such as prawns, mussels, earthworms. One important thing is that you must provide as much space for them to swimming as possible, as they can swim real quick. Don't really know availability but ask Kevin at Exotic Fish connection and Procull see if they have them. Good luck

Cheers, Ryan

Edited by Supercobwe

Mine have not been eating their tank mates & they are mostly available interstate but their is one guy in the Cichlid Club who did have some or access to some.

One pet shop in Sydney was selling them for $45 @3CM.

Wow expensive mate! a mate has a couple of good sized ones what do u think they would be worth at around 20cm each?