goldenswimmers

Just sharing the hara pics...

Sorry I didnt get back to you last week (was still pretty crook) - but back at work today so its full steam ahead! woohoo!

man, your chilumbas are colouring up nice hey, well from what I can see of those little females. And I think your right about males showing through already. I finally had a good look at mine on the weekend and there are definatley some males in there by the looks of it. No idea on ratio yet - too hard to see them with the 5 tonne of rock I have in with them.

nway, back to the hara - how long you had these guys for? you got a good colony?

I only grabbed a trio as it looked like there was only 2 girls in the group...so grabbed the dominant male and what hopefully "fingers crossed" are 2 girls...starting to think it could be a 2 boys and one girl trio...as long as I get me a girl and she "rolls in the hay" with the male..Im happy...all you need is that chance hey...and will try to add to the little group as time goes along..not easy finding these guys...just like them chilumbas...and there doing nicely mate..super sizin on the spectrum grow...

fingers crossed you got 2 females, I think they'll soon let you know one way or the other :P.

Iv got a pretty bad record at sexing fish, thats why I like Saulosi - male blue / female yellow. nothing too complicated lol

lets just hope they roll in the hay as you say :)

yeah Im becoming a bit of an afra fan...im digging them and the ps(pseudotropheops)varieties....Ive only seen pics of the lion cove..they seem hard to find..would love to get my hands on some...these guys are semi young and easy to spot the dominant male(see pics above :))...sexing would be different for the different varieties depending on their colours/patterns and what females look like..have been reading the afra are pretty hard to sex as they are very similar..I went off the fact they had little or no striping....and then no visible egg spots on fins(as told by seller)..but i cant speak from experience so its all learning for me :)