adamski84

bristlenose dropping off

Are they bubs or semi adults? Those wigglers i gave you were far too small to move, if its those dont stress, but if your talking about older fry and semi adults id be a lil concerned. Bn are hardy fish, imho hard to kill. Sure your waters ok? Def try feeding a more varied diet. And hows the filtration? Catties do poop alot ( not as much as larger ones but still) Keep us updated mate. 70% is alot for a w/c esp in winter.. :/

You may need to do several smaller water changes to get the water back into tip top quality. I would also be adding small amounts of cucumber or zucchini so all of it is eaten over night. Too much and it might make the water a little cloudy.

yeah it could be ammonia, the guppies are hardy as well and my survive though a decent amount of ammonia but maybe deformed (thats what i found with my works fish tank)

and i find using fresh veggies are great for BN. and they are pretty cheap if u look for whatever is on special at woolies etc.

there is a awesome list here http://www.qldaf.com/forums/all-things-catfish-37/pleco-veggie-fruit-list-71927/ (which i would like to claim that i created but i only just found it)

i have used (from the list)

Zucchini

Cucumber *mostly used my wife keeps buying it and i use it before it goes off

Melon/Melon rind *used watermelon with only a bit of red on it, left it in the tank for 2 days would only suggest over night if u dont have a sump setup (sump = more water)

Lettuce *blanched and they love it.

Mushroom *whole and sliced checked the bn out one night when i had the mushroom in there and she was hanging off it while it was floating

Pumpkin *works good fresh but creates a bit of mess

Tomato *only over night and works good but again a bit of mess.

ok so got home again today and found another catty dead in the log this one had a white fluffy substance on it it was also swollen is this still bloat or is it a fungus problem?

i have a few different chemicals i can add to the tank as follows

fungus-ade was used to treat my turtles

ichonex used for white spot

methylene blue got this to treat white spot before i got the ichonex

Your filtration is not working right.

Fix that and you will solve a lot of your problems.

How about you concentrate on fixing your water problems first so your fish stop getting bloat and dying.

Lance is on the money root of your problems.