Adro1

Need advice with sump gurgling

Hey guys I know this has probably been done to death but I'm going to ask again. I just filled up my new office tank which is a 4 x 2 x 3 with a 3 foot sump. I have 3x25 mm returns and 1 25 mm coming from a 10,000 LPh sump pump. I have the T pieces at the back of the bulk heads already but I'm getting a surge gurgle about every minute or so. At fish I had the returns under the water but that didn't help. I also have tried a t piece on the bottom end as I've read I will let the air escape and not bubble. But that didn't help either. If I block the top of the top t piece the drainage amps right up to the point of then sucking air because it drops the water level in the tank. Any one got any other ideas???

The pump is limited already by the amount and size of the holes in the spray bar. Because it pushing the water about 2 metres high the actual flow would be around 8000 lph if I had to guess. Which is cycling the rand about 8 times an hour which is about right for what I'm after.

I think you need bigger returns. so the water can empty quicker. I had the same problem with my sump, i also added a tee piece in the return and a tap on the end and vented some off the flow and pressure back into the start of the sump HTH.