i have had a trio 4 a while now and have breed before but being first time i lost them all they are in my grow out tank for my fronts so i havent been concentrating on then but have got the space now to have a go at it so just what to know the general things about them hints and tricks sort of things

Yeah mate they love them and i run them in all my tanks including Discus , Angles, Killi and rainbows, i don't use them so much as a food sorce but for the tannins and the anti bactirial benifits, eventhought i don't use them as a food they only last about 2 days before they are all eaten.

I also use a product called Blackwater Extract from Techden that works really well, but if your going to use it don't make the same mistake as me, i swapped from a well known named blackwater product to the one i get from John and doesed the system at the same rate, John product is so much more concentrate that it sent the water jet black and i couldn't even see into the tanks with a touch, it didn't harm or stop them from breeding but just made it hard to see what was happening in my tanks.

If your using the IAL to breed you should give Techdens Blackwater Extract a go as it contain IAL along with other beneficial ingredients to help with breeding.

There is also a big money saving buy using John's product over other big named ones due to the fact of the high concentration, and he is also running a special on it at the moment.