Ok have been sent some food to test for the new Australian food on the market.

The product is called Prestige food. It is not available in Qld yet but is used with great results in NSW.

Here is a run down of their various products.

Prestige Cichlid

Prestige Colour

Prestige spirulina/algae wafers

Prestige koi/goldfish

Prestige Carnivore

Prestige Clour bites

Prestige Vegie Pelets

Prestige Growth bites

Prestige Australian native

All this food is pellet form at this stage with the native food in 2 sizes same with the koi.

I have only tested the native food at this stage on my boesmani tropical tank and am more than impressed with the fishes reaction.

It is hormone free and contains alot of natural ingredients.

Like I said it is 100% Australian owned and manufactured.

Watch this space for more as the weeks go on.

Well first feeding this morn and the fish loved it.

Tried the cichlid, spirulina wafers and carnivore plus the growth bites.

The carnivore were fed to my blackworms, cherry red and crystal red shrimp. They were on it before it hit the bottom.

The cichlids loved the food for them. ANd my bristlies wents nuts over the spirulina wafers.

I have not had such a reaction from food with fish since I first started using spectrum.

All I can say at this stage is WOW.

I run an aquaculture business which I am building so I won't onsell the food. As far as I know I am the first in Qld to try it. It is widely available in NSW. This was how I found out about the food. I am really hoping it continues to feed the way it has I think it is about time Australia had a great quality food to rival the overseas brands and I really hope for the sake of the manufacturer this is it. Like I said I am nothing short of impressed at this stage.

Hi Braddo

Mate I couldn't agree with you more about this food.

I have been feeding it to all my fish for about a month now and they all go tropo when the food hits the water :lafhard:

Everything from my WC Frontosas through to Baz my Barra love it.

At last a food product designed and manufactured here in Aus for Assie conditions, 100% Australian Manufactured, packaged and distributed way to go Prestige!

Cheers

RM

Hi Brad

Do you have any idear on the pricers will be and if they sell it on bulk

like 1 or 2 kgs?

I'm always driving over the south side to get food just because most of the shops on this side of town couldn't be bothed stocking it in kg lots or they what to charge and arm for it

Roo

Yeah it is sold in bulk lots all the way up to 10kg buckets. Pricing I am not sure of as it is still not available in Qld yet matbe rm has an idea on the retail prices in NSW.

As Braddo just stated the product is available in bulk buckets but as for the prices I guess that they will have to take into concideration shipping/frieght etc. I will try and see what I can find out and post when I have further details.

Cheers

RM

Hey Guys,

new to this forum,but liking it a lot. The prestige food has been in my tanks now for about a month also and i couldnt be happier!!!

I have various cichlids, BN's, guppies, oscars, tetras, swordtails and even a native all vigorously smashing the 0.8mm growth bites and vegie wafers/pellets. Colours of all fish are looking amazing.

Prices leave NLS for dead too (must be the lack of all those import taxes). Any way i look at it, this food is a great new addition to this hobby, and well worth trying ( i did and i'm converted)

Trent

Ok one thing I have noticed as we all know e.yellows are prone to gettin sunken guts this stuff actually seems to be reversing it. Also not to be fed to much seems to fill the fish really quick which imo is great.

I am still impressed the fish jump on it as soon as it is fed coulour is looking great waste is minimal. doesnt cloud the water. Have had some algae wafers left but think the tanks are too cold while the reno's are taking place. But food is wroking a treat.

There new range of foods seem fantastic.

The fish love the stuff and theres neber any wastage

What sort of prices does it sell down there for.

Hi aussie123

As I have already mentioned:

Yeah it is sold in bulk lots all the way up to 10kg buckets. Pricing I am not sure of as it is still not available in Qld yet matbe rm has an idea on the retail prices in NSW.

As Braddo just stated the product is available in bulk buckets but as for the prices I guess that they will have to take into concideration shipping/frieght etc. I will try and see what I can find out and post when I have further details.

Cheers

RM

When the prices are available [in accordance with that quote] I will let you know where they can be gathered from ;)

Ok quick update I love this food so much I bought the company lol

But seriously I have agreed to take on the distributorship for Qld and I am off to Sydney on June 20 to attend the woollongong auction sponsered by prestige aquatics. So if any of you shops are interested let me know will try getting around to you. Asap