chipper

Air Pump do i need one

Hi all

The only thing i have not purchased for my 6x2x2 tank is an air pump, i have seen many many tanks on the net and forums that do not appear to be running air pumps\stones at all.

How do i get away with out running one? or is one needed no matter what?

You can get away without one, but you need somewhere in the tank to be breaking the surface of the water some how..or at least making it ripple pretty good... You can do this by pointing a spray bar up a bit or a power head directed toward the surface slightly . HTH

You can get away without one, but you need somewhere in the tank to be breaking the surface of the water some how..or at least making it ripple pretty good... You can do this by pointing a spray bar up a bit or a power head directed toward the surface slightly . HTH

Hi and thank you for the responce

Breaking the surface is something i can try.

I remeber tears ago when i run undergravel filters with powerheads on top of the stacks, the power heads use to have little hole on the outlet that would allow you to run a airhose to the outside of the tank. This would allow air too be sucked in and airate the outlet of the power head, are people still doing this as it seems like another way too go?