G' Day all

Well as you may have noticed I have been absent over the last few months and this is due to a new and exciting opportunity that has arisen for myself and my family and due to this I have not spent the time on the site as much as I would have liked to and what the site and you the members deserve. Over the next few months I will be able to give less and less time to you the members and to concentrate on the growth of the site and this is when I had to make a huge decision and that was to make sure that you the members could get the most out of the site.

As of yesterday I have sold the forum to man who is well known and respected within the qld area and more so by QLDAF members and this is Russ from Redlands Pet Centre, I believe by selling the site to Russ that he will help it to keep on growing with the main focus being you the member first and for most. I do believe that you will all show Russ the support and the loyalty that you have shown me over the years and also look towards the future with Russ at the helm to help guide you all to getting out as much as you put in.

I would also like to take 5 and just say that I have owned, managed many businesses over the years and have also been a member of many different clubs, groups and the like and in that time I have never witnessed such devotion and loyalty and pride in a group of people as I have been privileged and honoured to see here on this site. I thank you all for not only enriching others lives but also enriching my own and I would also like to thank Peter especially as he has been my right hand man and his loyalty to you all and his friendship will be that of a friend for life and this forum is just that much better for having someone like peter involved so heavily. I would also like to thank all of my team within the SM and FM's as you all have been that consistent and unwavering in your tireless efforts that helped make this forum what it is today.

I will be stepping down as Admin but will continue to be a member of this great site for many years to come and thank you all for making my life even more enriched for being able to help this site grow with all of your support.

Cheers

John

Good luck with your future ventures John and even though imo some of the changes you have implented have been a bit so so ,on the whole i think you have made it a better forum.To Russ ,all the best with the new venture mate,but im sure you wont need it ;)

sad to see you sell mate, but look forward to working with russ,

its been a pleasure working with somebody that has the passion like you do, and i know russ will continue where you have left off, but i think i speak for all your team, we will miss you on the dark side..........

best wishes for your future business venture, i'm sure it will be great...........

Thank you for providing the forum us to enjoy. All the best in opportunity that has been presented and I am sure you will give it the devotion and want to be very successful.

Congratulations Russ on the forum and you will certainly have my support in continuing from BNJ to make QLDAF a great forum for members to enjoy.

Hopefully my opinion will stay posted. Surely we are entitled.

But I'm in some way disappointed that we as members would sold yet again to the highest bidder.

I respect Russ & wish him well, but I'm getting rather tired of being used as a commodity for buisness.

plese dont encourage silly propaganda , it costs monnie to operate like this , be realistic ,

it will remain the same as im awear , no need to fret qldaf is hear to stay and share , thats the important thing,as far as im awear it will still be free to join :)

Edited by liljohn_83

Hopefully my opinion will stay posted. Surely we are entitled.

But I'm in some way disappointed that we as members would sold yet again to the highest bidder.

I respect Russ & wish him well, but I'm getting rather tired of being used as a commodity for buisness.

Luke I like how you talk about dissapointment and underlining respect.. however your opinions are always full of spite and malice I also find it rude and inconsiderate that you keep making these snide remarks on this site when you started your own and you have a little if no respect for anyone else apart from yourself. I have never witnessed any other forum owner in any medium that has shown such little respect for other as you continually show with your cheap shots and innuendoes.

Myself and the rest of the forum has shown you nothing but respect and you have treated this with contempt and by these actions you are making a mockery of the respect you did have by members of this site and other forums.

Regards

JOhn

good luck john and rheia with your very exciting opportunity! cant wait to see it evolve. Thank you for your time and much needed input and changes into this wonderful forum.

drew and esther

John it's not propaganda ... It's the truth

mate im not going to debait it with you it is whateva you want it to be ,it wasent dyrected at anny one in perticuler , im not hear to argue , just learn and help wear i can

if you wanto change the suject please start a new thred this thred it ''change of guard ''

Wow now I can't even post an honest opinion without be slaged off by you.

Regardless of current issues's I've been a member for almost 4 years & my above comment is exactly how I feel.

Yet you still want to twist & turn it to make so I'm the bad guy ...lol wow

Fiik my final advice is to you ...

you stated your own site and why not stay there?? stop pollutting a great site with your dribble and negative attitude.

Try having respect instead of cheap shots you are only making yourself look the fool

Oh. Owned by a business now. That's a damn shame.

Normally I would agree with that statement, if it was anyone else but russ. I think russ has more than proved himself as a strong supporter of this forum. His forum members prices absolutely **** on anyone elses prices. And they areonly for our forum members. His staff are great and couldn't be more helpful. I have even seen Russ give stuff away to members to help them out. This bloke is all about the fish hobby and has my total support.

I couldn't be more wrapped about this. Good onya russ, can only get better.

Nick

It was a business before it was owned by a business:)

Hence the name QLDAF Pty Ltd

Being a business and being owned by a business, with it's own commercial concerns, is very different.

:) HTH.

Normally I would agree with that statement, if it was anyone else but russ. I think russ has more than proved himself as a strong supporter of this forum. His forum members prices absolutely **** on anyone elses prices. And they areonly for our forum members. His staff are great and couldn't be more helpful. I have even seen Russ give stuff away to members to help them out. This bloke is all about the fish hobby and has my total support.

I couldn't be more wrapped about this. Good onya russ, can only get better.

Nick

Nothing against Russ:)

He's just doing what every business person is doing, and that is to expand his business.

You don't make money from any forum, it's just a stepping stone to drive associated businesses.

If you wish to look at the site as commodity and being owned by a business than look at it with open eye's. If QLDAF was a product then most Businesses would not put it on the shelf. The time and effort put into far far far outweighs the return if any. It is commendable that owners of forums sink a lot money into them for little reward.

It is great to see Russ giving back to the hobbyist and the aquatic community what has generously given him. It shows that he is not a take, take, take business and very supportive in the past and has a great track record.

I have an appreciation of what I have learnt here, been provided and of course the good members of the site has enriched my life.

I love it and thankful of what it provided.

I may not agree with everything but I will not stick it to QLDAF - I will be thankful for what it has provided, a platform for hobbyists to get together and enjoy.

I enjoyed it before I was a sponsor, before I was a Moderator too.

Be a bit hard to live off the riches that some think the forum provides...

Seriously

Hopefully Russ can get us back on track as QUEENSLAND'S number 1 aquarium forum!

Russ is a great guy & long time supporter of this forum. I don't think we have to worry about him trying to make it a business, why would he? He's already has one of the best aquarium businesses in Brisbane!

Cheers Russ, Pikey :mrgreen:

When I first decided to keep fish a mate of mine told me I HAD to get on this site. That was only 6 months ago now but I have grown from a 3 footer full of electric yellows, blues and problems to starting to establish my own dwarf south American breeding set up. The wealth of freely given knowledge available on this site is overwhelming. It is worth more than its weight in gold. I love how a brand new members first post can be asking for lengthy help with an issue and within a few hours the problem has been identified and a solution chosen.

From the sounds of things the forum is in very good hands and will continue mostly unchanged. Which is fantastic. I look forward to being apart of the qldaf community with Russ in the drivers seat.

And as far as this being a 'business' I have never come across a profitable business that does not charge it's customers. I don't know about anyone else but I have never been asked for money and with some

Of the questions I have asked maybe I should have been :P But this forum is maintained by hobbyists for hobbyists. And that's why it is great.

Thank you John for your devotion to this forum and I hope your future venture goes very well for you. And I hope to see you around the forum in the future.

firstly, just like to congratulate Russ on becoming the new owner of QLDAF,and also thanks and good luck for the future to Bristlenosejohn.to all the people that have wrote in to congratulate and support this change,hats off to you all.to the critics on the other hand,don't you think its a little early to be making assumptions and judgements before anything has even changed here on the forum?i mean, fair dinkum......unless something drastically changes that affects your experience or the benefits you get from being a member here,then why not hold your tongues for a bit and see how things pan out in this transition period.really who could ask for anyone better or with more credentials and passion for our hobby than russ to take over ownership?He was supporting this site long before now,and has given plenty of members plenty of savings and information.what happened to giving things a go before you try shoot them down?well, thants my opinion anyhow.this is an awesome site,with predominently great helpful people, enough said. Chris

I see a lot of personal issues/difference of opinions but I like the "forum"..typing on my keyboard and enjoying communication with other people who enjoy keeping fish...this forum has helped me meet great people...recieve and share advice and make many great fishees available that I otherwise would never have seen....people talk business but until this effects me personally(like charges for membership etc)I will not try to read into things too deeply...Big howdy Russ...and thank you for the time and effort John...:)