steve6610

hey techy and tanah4128 look in here ...................

hey techy, ............ and paul aka tanah4128

set up my peps 2 weeks ago in a separate 5ft tank, set temps to 26/27, added black stuff (Blackwater Conditioner).............. and today....................... :)

biggest male is fanning a nice clutch of eggs :mrgreen: ..................... (got a trio from tanah/paul a few weeks ago)

well so my stepson, bobby, told me, he was checking them out and spotted the eggs, so fingers crossed..............

not sure, but we have 5 other males fanning but haven't checked them to see if they have eggs, we have 18 adults in the colony, at least 6 breeding aged pairs and some extras,

thanks techy, also got a nice batch of albino lfs wriggling in the tumbler, plus found a big clutch of commons yesterday, lol, i have been moving everything around and put a few commons in a holding tank until i removed the snails, :) and picked up a log that the male wasn't getting out of and its full of eggs, the f/ms were only in the tank for 1 day, she was quick,

ohh les that would be nice, a full batch of lf peps, :) i'd be rich :)

hahaha yep, i'm removing all the gravel and snails, make things easier to clean, plus the temps are up a bit, going to put more time into breeding now, but more so on raising the fry, i'd only been letting the fry do their own thing in the breeding tanks, but i lost to many due to large tanks and them not finding the food,

after seeing the way you do things its given me a new direction of getting things set up here, :)

got 2 ibc running and 2 more getting set up soon, for growing up the fry, after they spend some time in fry savers and small tanks, i'll put them in the ibc to grow,

Hope you need more tanks.
lol, i have a few empty tanks i can set up, are you planing on selling tanks too,

I hope it is the start of many good things to come. Hmmm you might have to rethink on if you want to sell those fish up for sale...lol

The little ones are pretty cool to see and watch them develop. Now you just have to keep doing the things you are doing and replicate replicate replicate and avoid the urge to do little things or changes to make it better. I have fallen into that trap many many times. Breeding is a good sign that the fish are in good condition and the environment is right too.

Hmmm you might have to rethink on if you want to sell those fish up for sale...lol

:) already have, we did sell the 168 only because we had 1 and it can't breed with itself, but we are keeping your 3 x 066 and most likely i'll be looking at getting a couple more, :)

just got home from a drive, noticed 2 male peps fanning before we left, checked them out just now and found 2 big clumps of eggs had been kicked out of the logs and still 1 fanning away, only 1 egg is white, so into the tumbler they went with 2 cherry shrimp, looks like at least another 50+ eggs, :) and the first lot seem to be doing ok so far,

pretty happy about this,

quick update,

counted the little guys today and let them out into the 3ft tank to finish their growing,

138 from the first batch, i'm pretty happy about that, they are now 2cm to 3cm, most being around 2.5cm,

checked out the other fry saver and let another 32 out, so that's 170 pep fry around 2/3cm, and i'd say about another 50+ in the fry savers,

also found more fry in my breeding tank, i must have missed the male fanning, doesn't look to be many, maybe 10/15, but also found another male fanning a small batch of eggs, maybe 30 eggs,

peps are really enjoying the black water extract, and extra heat,